Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,998   Posts: 1,524,311   Online: 850

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

"new" Hasselblad advice need :(

Hello.

I bought ( as Christmas gift for myself ) 503CW+80 f2.8 CFi+A12 . According to seller ( thru phone ) kit is "brand new".

When package arrived lens cap(front) , camera strap was missing. All was packed "as is" - no plastic bags and so.just items in styro in box. Certificates for camera and lens were on place.

I put all set together, and lens does not make exposure... after closer inspection i saw that knob in lens is broken and loose in its hole... i sent lens to seller, and after 1 week i get fixed back. Now 1 sec exposure does not work... G ! it seems to be about 1/60 maybe...

I get p....d and made very close inspection for all :

1st : camera is made in 2003 ( SP in serial ) , and back same date as well
    2nd: camera front cap inside looks like came back from war
    3rd. there are some scratches on the bottom ( but not on plate )
    4th. lens cap ( rear ) looks also like heavily used - my Nikon and canon caps looks better after few years of using...
    5th. it does not look like "brand new". look it's ok , but it's not this "new" touch, smell and so...

I start to complain to seller and he wrote me : yeah, I didn't told you, we bought this in 2004, and kept in storage. In time we sold strap, cap and so. Time to time we showed it to clients and made few exposures ....

I THOUGHT IT'S NEW !!! Not 9 y old ... .

I claim to give all back, but seller wrote me : NO . we can fix the lens . again...

What you will do being on my place ???

best

S

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You paid a premium for "new" so I would send it back for sure.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If at all possible, return it. Try to be nice about it, cause if he has your money it may be difficult to get it back. Sellers will sometimes claim that something is in "brand new condition", but that seems not to be the case here. A reputable seller will make an effort to keep the buyer happy, but you will need to be reasonable and professional in dealing with him. It sounds like there was some communication problems from the start, and you may need to accept some responsibility for that. Offer to pay all the costs involved- shipping, insurance, etc. Of course, if you are located near him a personal visit may help.
    Keith Ostertag
    keitho at strucktower dot com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I don't know how you payed for the equipment but if it was with a credit card you might have some recourse. I would not buy equipment from an individual without inspecting and testing it. Only buy from reputable dealers with a return policy. The old saying " buyer be aware" is especially true with the internet. "Brand new" should indicate all original parts and packaging and not having been used. If you are stuck with it and got it at really good price perhaps the cost of repairs will bring it up to speed and equal what an appropriate price would be. I have purchased used Hasselblad equipment that was as represented and in excellent condition. In one instance I had to return a film back from Adorama and the replacement was not much better but as a result of my comments on an APUG thread five years later they replaced it with an appropriately described back. Some one from the company saw it and was very helpful.

Good luck.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You don't really need our opinions, do you?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I wouldn't bother anybody knowing for sure what to do...

Case is the seller is official Hasselblad dealer for Finland : Fimeko/ Helsinki. They are Profoto sellers too. I never had any business with them before ( I am Elinchrom guy ).

It has full 1 year warranty.

Anyway : broken lens, lack of caps and strap, broken lens again, age....

I payed about 3500usd ( recalculated from /almost former/ EU currency ) .but in Finland pricing is different : camera MUST be digital, otherwise is worthless any money.. i saw on local auction portal Plaubel Makina in VG condition sold for 600usd... 500cm plus back plus lens cost here 500 euro - 700 usd .

I'm really confused.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Stop being confused. You got screwed. Immediately (and politely) demand a refund.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I did , below answer(s):

Thank you for your mail. You are right, camera body and lens have been manufactured around 2003/2004. We have bought this kit on 29.12.2004. At this time we were not Hasselbad´s distributor and the kit came from Profoto, Sweden. The kit was ordered to one of our customers who never came to pick it up. The camera and lens have been a long time in our stock, but I can assure you that they are not used. During these years we have sold the strap, lens cap etc. maybe showed the camera to customer and made one or two exposures without film magazine, but the kit is not a used one.

Thank you for your mail. The Hasselblad camera you have bought from us is new, not used. The manufacturing time doesn´t make the camera used. It has all the same features and warranty (12 months) as a camera that was manufactured for example last year.The malfunction of your lens will naturally be warranty repaired. Therefore we regard your claim unjustified.
    We advice you to send the lens for repair.

Sampo Valtonen
    Fimeko Oy
    Lönnrotinkatu 31
    FIN-00180 Helsinki
    Finland

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If you paid for new, and you didn't get new, you are being ripped off. I'd suggest looking into what recourse there is in Finland against consumer fraud. Collect all documents including web pages for the camera. BrianShaw is right- time to stop being confused.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Fortunately there is Consumer Ombudsman. I did complete all documents, need only to make pictures of device and email to them.

2nd answer from seller was for my demand for refund or case will go to ombudsman and civil court. Obviously they do not believe I'll do it but I will. Also I'm writing letter to Hasselblad AB about their dealer customer care. Hope it help also ... .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin