Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,046   Online: 906

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Mamiya c330 cla europe

Hi i'm looking for places in europe that can do a proper cla on my mamiya c330 and 80mm f2.8 lens.
    I'm in denmark and nobody here can do it (or if they can they want a redicilous amount of money for it).
    Hope somebody can help me.
    Kind regards
    Mads

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This company has a very good reputation for repairing vintage cameras, http://www.newtonellis.com/classics/index.html although I haven't used them myself quite a few members of this forum have and recommend them, I suggest you send them an email tell them what's wrong with your camera and ask for a quote.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Check with Jürgen Kuschnik in Frankfurt? I have no idea what Werner Schaden at www.lpfoto.se charges.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks for the suggestions.
    I'll give it a go.
    Kind regards
    Mads

Shooter
    35mm
    loman, I will say this with caveats and warnings, but the C330 is extremely simple mechanically.

The only real problem should be the lens, as the body is only a 'box' of sorts. The front and rear elements are easy to remove, at least on the 80mm lens by turning the front ring counter clockwise. I think that I remember that the rear is removed with a spanner wrench (I use a very pointed pair of old shears). I would do this, front and back, then flood the lens mechanism with lighter fluid and drain until all the gunk is removed. Keep moving the aperture blades and shutter mechanism so that the fluid reached all. There is no harm done here to remove ALL the gunk. You do not have to worry about allowing some of the grease to remain on any helical as there is NO helical on these lenses. The body's bellows takes care of the focus mechanism. - David Lyga

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hi David.
    Thanks for the info. The shutter is running a little too slow so I'll try as suggested the real problem is that if you put a take up spool in the upper side of the compartment the camera acts as if there is film in the camera when there isn't this also means that when there is film in the camera it wont stop after 12 but will continue to count until 24. The camera still works as such but it would be nice to have it working as intended.
    Kind Regards
    Mads

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mads:

Is the pressure plate turned to the 220 mark rather than 120 mark?
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    If only the solution was that simple! unfortunately it doesn't make any difference whether it's at 120 or 220.
    Kind Regards
    Mads

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Har du snakket med Photografica? de har nogle gutter tilknyttet på fritidsbasic som er rimelige.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Photografica is too expensive.
    But thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin