Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,904   Posts: 1,584,589   Online: 919

Shooter
    Multi Format

Bayonet, Bay 1, B30 filter alternatives?

Whats with the prices on Bay1 filters and adapters? Since I recently picked up another TLR, I decided that I needed something a bit more convieint than holding a 52mm filter to the taking lens.

The filter prices are outrageous online, i checked a few years back and decided not to buy a whole seperate set just for one TLR, and the prices are even higher now, and a Bay1 to 49mm or 52mm adapter is $24 not including shipping!

What can be a good alternative to this that I havent explored? What do you do? Or did you suck it up and just put down the cash for filters/adapter?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I used to hold up my 49mm or 52mm filters up by hand and I got fed up with that as well. I ended up forking over the $$$ for two genuine Rollei Bay I filters and a Rollei metal hood. Yes, they were pricey, more than I would ever pay in any other circumstance, but I love using my TLR and I consider it a good investment as they are of very high quality. You can always resell them and you shouldn't have any trouble recovering whatever it is that you spend on them, the nice metal ones that is.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Go to www.filterfind.net. He has a large selection of off-brand new old stock bayonet 1 filters.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin