Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,957   Posts: 1,586,049   Online: 788

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

I bought the wrong lens for SL66 :(

Just about an hour ago I bought a 250/5.6 HFT sonnar lens for Rollei MF via BIN on eBay. Perhaps I've just woken up or for whatever reason, I forgot to double check whether it's for the SL66 of the 6000 series. Turned out it's for the 6000/SLX series not for the SL66, which I thought it was. I also immediately paid the whole amount to the seller. The seller is a business seller and already gave me a good feedback.

I immediately sent him a few messages and call the number ebay gave me but only to answering machine, since it's the weekend He's a very good seller and has 30-day money back guarantee, but not sure it applies in my case as it's my mistake. I have bought a couple of items from him before. Hopefully he's very accommodating and understanding and refund me the money.

Sorry just want to get this off my chest. Anyone has any similar experience?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Many many years ago I did the same, seller canceled the sale and all was forgiven, this was late 90's tho so not sure if rules were subsequently enacted re these situations on eBay's part

Hope it works out for you
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Contact the seller and inform them of your mistake. Ask for a refund. Fingers crossed

-Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hopefully everything works out. I'm anxiously waiting his reply, but so far none, which is not surprising as it's about 1am Saturday night where he is.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    One time I placed a token bid on some camera gear; nothing serious, just making sure it didn't go for a song. I was at the grocery store when the auction ended and my wife--bless her--put in a winning bid on my behalf. When I got home she told me the good news: that I had won an auction for more money than I wanted to spend and for a camera I didn't really need. We're talking sixty bucks so it was a cheap lesson to learn. Now I tell her in advance the ones I am serious about and the ones I am just placing token bids on.

Hope it all works out on your end. Most sellers have been reasonable with me whenever there have been issues. Since you've bought from them before I would expect they will understand your plight and refund your money in good faith.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ask for a refund, but offer to pay his costs for re-listing the item. I imagine he will understand.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Most people aren't up and taking phone calls at 1 AM. You really can't even start worrying until after Monday goes by.

Kent in SD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had a similar situation with the eBay seller selling an estate, no returns. When I received the lens it was in good condition, but I would not focus on my camera because of the bellows length. I emailed the seller and he refunded the money including the shipping. It depends on the seller.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I understand, it's my mistake after all. I'll just wait until Monday morning or about Monday midnight my time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Excellent news, the seller has agreed to cancel and refund my money. Thank God. The customer service by the seller is top-notched. BTW the seller is "shutterblade"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin