Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,245   Online: 801

Shooter
    Medium Format

Pentax 67 strap lugs, are they the same as Mamiya?

Hi all,
    I tried searching this but couldn't find an anwser. Are the strap lugs on my pentax 67 the same as Mamiya? Could I buy a Mamiya rb or 645 strap with those lugs and just clip it right on?

Also anyone have a recomendation on a long strap? I'm 6'5" and can't find many that suit me. I would ideally like a leather strap, I know about the optech straps but am not too hot on those.

thanks!

Escaped Bakersfield, CA. Now in Indianapolis.
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm pretty sure that the Pentax lugs are different than the RB. I've never owned a Pentax 67, 6x7, etc, but I just checked and the lugs are nothing like the ones on my RB67 Pro-S.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes you can use a mamiya strap on a P67, I have used them on the original 6x7, the newer 67, and have seen the same lugs on the latest 67II.

I use my dad's Mamiya RZ67 Pro II straps on mine.
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    According to the Op/tech web site, the connectors are the same:
    http://optechusa.com/straps/super-pro-strap.html
    (select the specification tab and there is a chart on the right)

(Looking at their little diagrams of the connectors, that B strap lug opening looks to go almost to the edge of the metal!! Scary.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Daniel View Post
    According to the Op/tech web site, the connectors are the same:
    http://optechusa.com/straps/super-pro-strap.html
    (select the specification tab and there is a chart on the right)

(Looking at their little diagrams of the connectors, that B strap lug opening looks to go almost to the edge of the metal!! Scary.)
    The connectors do the same job, but the lugs are not the same — either round or square, and the strap lugs are not interchangeable on a mismatched lug.
    Either type of strap lug is actually very robust; I've been using the B=-typenow for more than 2 months on my 2.8kg 67. Isolated reports of the original pentax ear-clips go around where they have unhooked from the lug and resulted in the behemoth 67 making hurry for the ground! Seems fairly difficult to imagine this happens; possibly a fatigue-wear problem.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin