Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,701   Posts: 1,482,636   Online: 771

Thread: another RB leak

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

another RB leak

I think I've got one back sealed up well (though I haven't tested it in really bright sun like I tested this one), and I replaced all the seals on my second RB Pro back. But this is what I got. Sorry, I just slapped it on the all-in-one, its not a proper neg scan. But I don't see anything wrong with the seals I installed...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Try to imagine which way the negative sits in the film back.. upside down, dull side to the lens. Then take another look where the light leaks are relative to the back?

Check, the dark slide baffle. Also see that the plastic face plate screws are all taught. Corners are new? Latch side is the right thickness? Door strip is the right thickness? The shell is not deformed?

I'd also try in a dark room, the bright light inside the camera trick. Inspect the sides very carefully at all angles. If light can get in, it will also come out.

Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I went through it this afternoon after posting, and held the film up to the back to see how it was oriented and how that relates to possible leak areas. I now believe the leak is coming from where the foamed corners of the film carrier meet the closing latch side of the back. I did not replace those corners because they looked OK, but now I will. They may be compressed. I will also try the light inside the camera trick, I haven't tried that yet. Thanks

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin