Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,717   Posts: 1,483,110   Online: 1080

Shooter
    Medium Format

lenses mamiya 23 vs lenses mamiya 6

I also posted this in the rangefinder topic, but perhaps this is a better place,

Does anyone now how the lenses of the mamiya 23 press camera (especially the 50 mm) compare to the (high quality) of the lensen of the mamiya 6 system?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I used the Mamiya 23 for about two years and currently use a Mamiya 7 which is practically the same in terms of lenses as the 6 and I can say that the M23 lenses are all pretty damn solid. The 50mm in particular and the 100mm 3.5 are both exceptional, I would be hard pressed to point out a difference looking at prints.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In any discussion of the Mamiya press lenses, you probably need to differentiate between the earlier lenses with Seikosha shutters and the later ones with Seiko shutters. There may be other distinctions as well, but at least that's one point of differentiation.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    That's true, I was assuming the Seiko shutter.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Medium Format
    excellent, thank you so much. When did they change form seikosho to seiko and how can you tell wich one is installed?

xya

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by artyvisual View Post
    excellent, thank you so much. When did they change form seikosho to seiko and how can you tell wich one is installed?
    for the mamiya "c" lenses it's the chrome ones with seikosha and the black ones with the newer seiko shutter. so it's probably the same with the press/universal/23 lenses. as I hear there are no parts for the seikosha shutters any more, but I have not met a seikosha shutter (and I down own quite some lenses with them) that could not be serviced.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin