Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,530   Posts: 1,572,467   Online: 1049

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Whoo Hoo Jeanette! Congratulations on your fine purchase.

You are going to love that camera. Start saving your pennies for a 50mm and a 150mm for it.

Jim
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"...Wayne Gretzky

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    bwgirl
    This is a very nice camera, have fun and use mirror lock up for really sharp prints, good luck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jeanette, Way to Go Girl!!! You do realize that the next thing we know you will have a 4x5 or 8x10 - you have already taken the first step. Enjoy the camera, it is a classic and while I have not owned one, I hear the lens are just beautiful. Won't be long and we should see some new post from it.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If you use Paterson type plastic film reels, then you just open them out and re-close them at the largest size.

Sometimes the film magazines have light leaks, but they can be repaired quite cheaply.

Also the self-timer has some funny quirks. One is that you can't use it with a cable release attached.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jeanette,
    A hearty congrats on your new (used) camera. You are gonna have a great time taking photos with it and an even better time making prints from its negetives.
    Good luck, have fun and please post your results.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    wow, what a find. where is the flea market? if you want some inexpensive film, let me know. I just lost a roll pulling it out of my 645. i taped it but it did not stick and unwound before i could get the camera back in its safe space. Kids! happy shooting and let us see the new images...soon.
    Luke

To create one's own world in any of the arts takes courage.

Georgia O'Keefe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks everyone!!!
    Clogs....thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! I am just so excited I can hardly stand it!!
    Well, I am going to go download that manual and load up my new toy with the dealer's expired film!
    Thanks for the offer of help, Michael! I'll let you know!
    This flea market was in a hotel and the dealer we bought from is out of Illinois. He also has an Ebay store... billscamera1938. All his cameras looked really clean inside & out (not true of all the wares I saw there). My hubby (Bill) was trying to convince me to get a Crown Graphic! haha Now how's that for luck...a husband who WANTS his wife to spend money! haha
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BWGirl
    Now how's that for luck...a husband who WANTS his wife to spend money! haha
    Sounds like you have another keeper and many more to come with your new toy LOL

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield
    Sometimes the film magazines have light leaks, but they can be repaired quite cheaply.

Also the self-timer has some funny quirks. One is that you can't use it with a cable release attached.
    I guess it depends on what you mean by "cheap". A Light Seal kit, does not cost a whole lot of money: having a magazine re-built professionally is not quite "cheap."

Whether or not there is a "self-timer" depends on the shutter. The older "Coumpur" shutters have a lever that can be set to "V", "X" or "M". The "V" indicated the self-timer - set it, and the shutter would open ~ 10 seconds after you tripped it.
    The "M" was for the old "M" synchronized flash bulbs - anyone remember them? - the "X" was for modern electronic flash.

The newer lenses have Prontor shutters... no self timer or "M" synch.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I also own a Hass. and since you are going to get a manual for it you'll learn how to use it . The only I can say here is not to force any thing the camera dose not let you do anything wrong . If you can't get the film back in the back there is some thing your not do right and you should check your steps. You can't make an exposure unless you pull the slide out .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin