Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,691   Posts: 1,548,910   Online: 880

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Grant View Post
    I think you'll find that reason the flange to focal plane distance was reduced in the RZ compared to the RB, was to allow for a better optical design of the 50mm lens.
    Excellent point, hadn't thought of that. Thank you, I'll check that out. And that uld is a very sweet gem. Reason enough to get an RZ body.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    Reason enough to get an RZ body.
    ......but then you can't do 6x8cm, so nothing's perfect!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yeah what's up with that mamiya?! Another niggle I have with the rz is that the instant film back doesn't produce a square image, the corners are cropped. Quite annoying.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    Yes it can work on the RB; you just pull out two small pins (very easy) and it fits normally. However, you will have no shutter control... so you either have to rely on the mirror (which is okay for long exposures) or you can hand shutter, which is okay down to 1/16 or so as long as you're not shooting slide. I leave the lens wide open and use my finger to use the DOF preview lever to stop it down... another way to shutter.

I have used the 110 on my RBs and also on 4x5 and 5x7 rigs. it's great fun to work with a lens that fast and with quite good coverage.
    Hey Keith,

So does this mean if you fire the RB67 + 110/2.8, since you have no control over shutter, it will automatically fire at 1/400? This is interesting. However, the 110/2.8 would only work on the RB67 Pro SD because of the wider lens mount on it? It definitely won't fit on my RB67 Pro.

Thanks for the info.
    Cory

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just get a 150/3.5 KL. Gives away nothing optically to the 110/2.8 plus you can actually control the shutter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by homeiss View Post
    Hey Keith,

So does this mean if you fire the RB67 + 110/2.8, since you have no control over shutter, it will automatically fire at 1/400? This is interesting. However, the 110/2.8 would only work on the RB67 Pro SD because of the wider lens mount on it? It definitely won't fit on my RB67 Pro.

Thanks for the info.
    Cory

Ah yes the pre-SD ones have a narrower throat, right? So goofy. I dont know whether you can get the 110 to fire at 400, I haven't tried, I just hand shutter. Anyway, if the 110 and 50 are goign to be important then I would advise simply to pick up an RZ body, which can take all (as far as I know) the RB lenses.

Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    Just get a 150/3.5 KL. Gives away nothing optically to the 110/2.8 plus you can actually control the shutter.
    A reasonable perspective. But the 110/2.8 really is a great lens for some work. And for similarly versatile field of view I would recommend the 127 KL not the 150. The 127 KL is also superb.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How do you do 6x8 with my RB67? How many pictures in a roll of 120?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Klein View Post
    How do you do 6x8 with my RB67? How many pictures in a roll of 120?
    With the rare 6x8 back.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Is it rare now? Too bad. I also have the mini sheet and plate holders for it. You might try and get your mits on a 6x9 back and see if it'll go on there, it wouldn't surprise me, it has that graflocky mechanism...

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    A reasonable perspective. But the 110/2.8 really is a great lens for some work. And for similarly versatile field of view I would recommend the 127 KL not the 150. The 127 KL is also superb.

Had the 127 KL and found it too close to the 90. Prefer the 150 to the 180 for portraits.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin