Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,988   Posts: 1,524,059   Online: 996

Shooter
    Multi Format

Info on sharpest Bronica SQ lenses

Forgive me if I start a mini-war . Being of sound mind and shakey pocket book, the time is due. I am here for some research. I have an older Bronica needing another lens to complement the 50mm I have now. Looking at a focal length from 110 to 250. I plan to use it for a little bit of everything from landscape to portraiture. Any suggestions? Best bang for the dollar? TIA.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You didn't mention which Bronica you're using. For my SQ-A 6x6 my mainstay lenses have always been the 80 mm and 150 mm. Both are truly excellent and versatile for general purpose work. I also have a 50 mm, but seldom use it. I would imagine that prices for Bronica lenses have generally softened, and will likely continue to do so....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I currently have an older SQ. SO far so good (still rather new with this MF camera). I was thinking of finding a 110, 150 or 250. Still trying to figure out things and whether to aim for PS or just the S. With the announcement of Bronica disappearing, things I would imagine start popping up (I hope).

Images
    I have a SQa with 40, 50, 80, 150, & 250 lenses. All are good lenses. However, if I was buying a new lens today and limiting it to one in the ranges you're looking at I would go with the 180mm. Focuses at 3 feet instead of 6 feet like the 150; better for portriature. The 110's are marco lenses.

Datchet, Berkshire UK- about 20 miles west of London
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Don't think this is a valid way to go about it because to be frank I can't tell the difference in image quality or look between any of the 50/80/150/250 lenses I use. The longer the lens the more likely it is that you might benefit from buying PS rather than S (according to the chief repair guy at Bronicas European distributors anyway.

I'd avoid the S teleconverters but apart from that there's no real sustitute for deciding what focal length you'd use most.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin