Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,606   Online: 1035

Shooter
    Medium Format

Film window in Super Ikonta III and IV cameras

Hello, I have a question for owners of Super Ikonta III and IV 6x6 cameras (mod. 531/16 and 534/16):
    I just bought a Super Ikonta mod. 534/16 and I see that the small window on the back, used to check if film is loaded in the camera, is not protected by red plastic
    Other Ikonta cameras have a much bigger window with red plastic, that is needed to check the correct position of the frame when advancing film.

I am wondering if opening that small window can fog film, I would like if you could share your experiences about

The camera is in excellent condition and this is how the film window looks:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3276_web.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	45732

Name:	IMG_3278_web.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	45733

thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a 531/16 with the same window. It has a piece of red plastic in it but it has come loose and just floats around in side. Can't help on the fog though, the double exposure lock means the window is pretty pointless once its loaded so I keep it closed.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for your reply
    Would you be so kind to post a couple of pics of the red window in your Ikonta to show me how it looks the original window and to help me figuring out how to add some shielding element to my door?

thank you

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No problem. Looking at these again I think this is why I didn't try to remedy it. You can see the red window is cut into a rough hexagon like the window door. I guess it might become clearer if you took the pressure plate off.

Name:	20120205_182642.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	490.8 KB 
ID:	45734

Name:	20120205_182600.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	339.5 KB 
ID:	45735

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for your help!
    I might be wrong but that red window to me does not sound as the one originally designed for that camera

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin