Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,564   Posts: 1,573,464   Online: 764

Shooter
    Medium Format

The price of owning a Hassy 203FE

Hello

I am investigating all of the price of owning a Haselblad 203FE.

I would really appreciate everyone's input on the costs involved in servicing the camera:

1) What did you have done?
    2) What was the cost?
    3) Are there any upgrades, fixes or options I should be aware of and request from the service department?
    4) where did you have the work done?

Thanks everyone in advance for your help.

carlos

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hasselblad UK will service a 200 series camera for £320+parts+VAT.
    Mamiya RB, Rollei 6003, Hasselblad, Nikonos, Canon EOS, Leica R, Fuji Instax...and some other stuff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by johnielvis View Post
    you can get a larger graflex slr for cheaper--put a roll film back on it and you get a much more reliable camera that is more versatile. I love hasselblads myself, but always have shyed away from the focal plane versions due to their added complexity=more stuff to go wrong. The only thing you really gain is the ability to use the few VERY expensive fast lenses. But, if that's what you WANT to do, then it's worth it. It all depends on what you WANT to do.
    ??
    Yes I see people shooting with those all the time; much more reliable and versatile than the Hasselblad (where is the sarcasm smiley ...)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	graflex_hold.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	11.4 KB 
ID:	45766

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can't speak for a Hassey 203FE, but my Hassey 500c/m had to be repaired once (broken gear inside) and a couple backs needed servicing in the last 6 years. $250 for the body, $80 for each back.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    3 lens, 2 body, 3 back 500 system... $800 in repairs (a couple totaling that) in 20 years a heavy use!

I agree... those Graflex SLR systems are much more reliable... and they take digital backs also, and take the 200mph prop wash of doing aerial photos better.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin