Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,393   Online: 697

Shooter
    Medium Format

Mamiya 645AFD Focusing Screen with MF lenses

The 645 AFD manual says you have to use the special focusing screen when you are using manual focus lenses - do you have to use it or does it just make focusing easier? I don't really want to spend $200+ on the screen just to be able to use MF lenses.

And, if you don't absolutely have to use it, can anyone expand on their experience using the regular screen with MF lenses?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No, you don't need it.
    I actually find manual focussing with the stock screen on that camera pretty easy.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Good, good, good! The AF 150 is too expensive for me right now but the MF 150 can be had for less than $100.

krb

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The AFd is just like most other AF cameras. You don't -need- to use a higher precision focusing screen but it helps.

I have a 'normal' screen with gridlines in my AFd and I use it all the time with manual focus lenses all the time, including the 80/1.9, 150/2.8 and 200/2.8.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was toying around with an 80mm f/1.9 today and i found MF'ing with the standard screen difficult. Your mileage may vary.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    HI!
    I'm using the 80 1.9 on a Mamiya AFD i would like to buy a better focusing screen than the original one but i can't find one.
    Can you tell me where can i find one or wich kind o focusing screen are compatible?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    thanks

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin