Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,607   Online: 1138

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Cheers sander, geez, what a nightmare...Now I don't have a body for my lenses. It seems the problem is restricted to the late models...Crazy. Such a shame because the body is perfect apart from this.

Steven, I had a good look and I think its worth a go...Cheers I will try it tomorrow morning. Thanks for the advice, Elvis
    Last edited by Elvis-isintheroom; 02-10-2012 at 08:14 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Yeah, my body is really clean apart from this problem. I'm thinking ahead to having to buy a second body at some point. I'm leaning toward a good late-model 500CM. I don't know which of the later models did or did not have the palpas lining.

Thanks for the tips on removing the old lining. I can see a day when I will have to do that, which will make my 503cx body become my backup. Not something I'm looking forward to doing. I don't like the idea of selling it to someone as-is unless they know exactly what they're getting. Wish I had known beforehand, but it wasn't a problem when I bought it used a few years ago.

Peter Gomena

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have 2 500 c/m bodies, one is late 70's and the barn door palpas is cracked but not flaking.
    The other body is mid 80's I believe and no pal pas problems...yet.

Thanks for sending the palpas paper John K.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    From what I can gather the problem starts with the 503 (1989-). The issue is the blad needs to be completely taken apart to remove the palpas properly...A nightmare....I wonder if there is any recall from Hasselblad regarding this issue? Earlier blads are not affected by this problem. It appears it is not possible to contact Hasselblad directly about this problem, but one has to contact a "Partner" (rep) in a chosen country. I will try to scrape it out as best I can to salvage the body I guess.
    Last edited by Elvis-isintheroom; 02-11-2012 at 01:00 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Does anybody know whether this problem also affects the 501cm and 503cw?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin