Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,682   Posts: 1,482,223   Online: 1055

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rbarker
    Never believe exactly what a lady says, if it's humanly (or superhumanly) possible to do better.
    Ralph!!!
    I am shocked that you would think this! Women just get no respect!
    Go buy her a Rollei and get her a case of film too...and maybe some filters... and a Gucci bag to carry it in would be nice.... (hey...stocking stuffers).
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BWGirl
    Ralph!!!
    Go buy her a Rollei and get her a case of film too...and maybe some filters... and a Gucci bag to carry it in would be nice.... (hey...stocking stuffers).
    Well, we have a freezer full of film. I've been looking at Rolleis, but is there a split prism finder for them? A Gucci bag on a nice muddy archaeological site. Yep, that should work

David.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    'I've been looking at Rolleis, but is there a split prism finder for them?'

Yes, there's a split prism screen (or two). My personal feeling is that a good Rolleiflex is the sort of gift that could be cherished 'forever', if that means anything. It's not something that she would ever need to trade up from. Next you can buy her the wide, then the tele - unless she'd prefer the tele first, then the wide, of course. Cameras with soul, if ever a machine could have a soul. So gentle, so quiet.

As she's an archeologist she might like the panorama head as a stocking filler. Not just any panoramic head: it centres the front nodal point of the lens over the axis of rotation.

Best,
    Helen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BWGirl
    Ralph!!!
    Go buy her a Rollei
    Thanks for the chuckle at my quip, Jeanette. Aren't we men expected to know that we demonstrate the depth of our love for our women by exceeding their stated expectations?
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre R. de Avillez
    Brac,
    I take it you bought from Cupog? Let us know how his flexarets work, when you get it. They sound like good & inexpensive alternatives to 6x6...
    Yes you're right. I will report back but it's not arrived yet.

Images
    Cupog comes highly recomended. I know of people who have gotten duds from him and he replaced them without a problem. It is good to see an ebay guy with his track record.

my2cents
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, I myself have dealt with him, and even though all I bought was a waist level finder, it came exactly as described. I'm just curious as to how the flexarets work because my Pentacon 6 (not bought from him) has one foot in the grave already, and I'm looking for alternatives (yashicas, rolleis, and flexarets with 4 element lenses). I figure that if the flexaret has good lenses and advance mechanism, popping in a Satin Snow ground glass shouldn't be too hard (if it needs it).
    Not that I'll purchase a camera any time soon, I still have a good chunk of negs to print from my last project...

Shooter
    35mm
    The one I'm awaiting is a Flexaret IV (they went up to VII) and has a 4 element Belar taking lens. Unlike so many TLR's the manufacturers, Meopta, are still in existence and they still make Belar enlarging lenses amongst other things. Unfortunately there have been no THR's made by them since the 1970's, but its good they have survived in some form. There are some instruction manuals on their web site.

can I clone your wife? I can't get my wife that interested in photography that she asks for a TLR.

I would ove for a Mamiya C330s?
    --Jeffrey

www.jsteinbergphoto.com (my avocation)
    www.reversis.com (my vocation)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Rollei or Mamiya for me, as long as they have a nice new bright screens attached to them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin