Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,510   Posts: 1,598,154   Online: 928

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Fujifilm GA645Zi

Italy is getting closer in my sights so I needed to figure out exactly which film camera to take on our anniversery vacation. You know the trip that's supposed to be a second honeymoon. Our 40th that is. I'm nearly a hundred and fifty now so the 8x10 view camera is out.

I finally decided to take the advice of a very smart friend, Mark Barendt, who suggested some time back that the GA645Zi would be a great camera for travel. Well Mark it arrived from Japan today.

This is a work of art. I just can't find a fault. Mine is as close to new as one can get. Not one small scratch on it. The camera shop listed it as mint. That's a common word thrown out there so I had my fingers crossed. Fuji runs a couple of hundred test fires on its cameras so who ever had this one must have shot some film in the shop because it has had a few dozen rolls run through it.

There is a camera, case, lens cap, lens hood, neck strap. It did take some time to enter the data in but all is now intuitive. The standard orientation is portrait do the camera is turned for landscape. I'm going to love this travel camera. Oh, it has a flash and is either all automatic, manual, or aperture and the autofocus zoom lens can be set to manual too. It also reads and sets Fujifilm rolls. Let's see, Fujicolor? I haven't shot color film in ages!

$600.00 US.

Curt

Thanks Mark for putting that bug in my ear!

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Pictures, please.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Awesome. I love mine.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You will not be disappointed. Some of my best images this year were with this camera. It is really easy to handhold to very low shutter speeds.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    ...if that 8x10 is becoming too much....
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Very good camera. I have several framed photos on the wall from it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've had mine for maybe 10 years and still think it's great. My display has the common problem of dropping a digit now and then but I'm used to it. I did get the instruction book with it and it did help me out in a few cases. But I'm one of those people who like to read the instruction books.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I read the instruction book and set the information in. Without the instructions getting the sequence for entries would have been nearly impossible. It's a complex camera behind that ease of use.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I bought a GA645zi recently in excellent shape, and I've found that by and large, it's an excellent performer! Its focus locked onto pine trees and other things that I thought would confuse its autofocus system. The lens is extremely sharp, and it reads the bar codes on Fuji film. I do wish that it would meter at 3200, but what the hey, can't have everything!

The lens is quite sharp, and I haven't yet seen any flare problems that I've seen on other zoom lenses. It doesn't lend itself to "decisive moment" pictures unless the focus is manually set, but it's a very competent performer.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I love mine, and consider it an ideal vacation/travel camera. I have more pictures on the wall from this camera than any other, and I have a lot of nice cameras to choose from. I recently did an overview of it on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_pybwbc0tQ

and some of my photos (quite varying in quality, but all my responsibility), on flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=7619...fuji%20ga645zi

Hope it helps others evaluate this camera for their own purposes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin