Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,876   Posts: 1,520,254   Online: 1127

Shooter
    35mm

Mamiya 645E 220 film back

I'm interested in purchasing the Mamiya 645 1000s camera but I can only find film backs for the Mamiya 645E camera,
    I was wondering if these backs will work on my camera? And if not where I can find backs for the 645 1000s
    Thanks!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The 1000s doesnt have interchangeable backs. Neither does the 645E. Only the 645 Super and Pro do. BUT, all Mamiya 645 models use inserts that you load the film on before putting the insert into the camera (or the backs for the Super and Pro). The inserts are the same for every model and back! You just need to buy the 220 insert for a Mamiya 645.
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Shooter
    35mm
    Ah ok thanks Chris! So you can't change the film/back half way through a roll?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The only problem with 220 film is the limited selection.

Jeff

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bellalee View Post
    Ah ok thanks Chris! So you can't change the film/back half way through a roll?
    No. Only on the Super/Pro/ProTL models with detachable backs. Not possible with the oldie Mamyia 645 bodies.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin