Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,431   Online: 1123

Shooter
    Medium Format

RB67 Lens Question

Hi there,

I have a KL 90mm f/3.5L lens for my RB67 Pro-SD. Most of the 90mm K/L lenses I have seen pictured on the internet have the floating lens element, but mine does not.

I would just like to know if my lens without the floating element is otherwise identical to the FLE lens? Was it an earlier version of the K/L lens? I can't find much info on this stuff online.

Thanks in advance!

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    According to the big lens brochure for all the KL lenses, the floating element system is built -in with the 65 and 90. Does your 90 have 3 adjustable rings(i.e., shutter speed, aperture, and element adjustment just below the DOF numbers nearest the front element). This last ring should be the adjustment ring.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nwilkins View Post
    Hi there,

I have a KL 90mm f/3.5L lens for my RB67 Pro-SD. Most of the 90mm K/L lenses I have seen pictured on the internet have the floating lens element, but mine does not.

I would just like to know if my lens without the floating element is otherwise identical to the FLE lens? Was it an earlier version of the K/L lens? I can't find much info on this stuff online.

Thanks in advance!
    I've never seen a 90mm KL without the floating element. If you could post picture it would help people to identify it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi there,

I guess I just assumed that there is no floating element because when I turn the ring I see no movement at all in the lens, so I just thought it was the purely informational Depth of Field Reference Guide which is on other rb67 lenses. I don't have a picture of the lens but it looks like this one:

http://www.photoprice.ca/product/025...-RB-price.html

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin