Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,039   Online: 874

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Hasselblad 80mm CFE problem

I recently bought a Hasselblad CFE 80mm lens. It turned out that there was a problem with the spring or something. When I used the 1s setting, the shutters did not close. When i turned the shutter speed ring, it would not turn more than to just before the 1/8th mark. I tried anyways, and the spring inside broke (I think).

I then sent it for a CLA through my friend's photography business, and got the lens back today. Still have the same problem!

What can be wrong here (if it really had a CLA). Bad, baaad repair guy?

Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't know what exactly they do on a CLA but I believe a partial disassembly is done and I would at least expect them to check that all shutter/aperture settings fire ok. Not necessarily time the shutter speeds but at least make sure the rings all go to the correct position and "something" happens when they then fire the lens, so any issues (if you didn't mention them) should be readily apparent and during final testing they should spot this rather important problem.

Ask what they did (if anything!), why they didn't fix the issue, why they didn't see the issue still existed after they "serviced" it and basically ask for your money back and send it to Hasselblad or some other repairer who has a better reputation.
    Last edited by film_man; 02-18-2012 at 06:24 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Hasselblad, Mamiya RB, Nikonos, Canon EOS

Shooter
    Medium Format
    After a period of time those springs need to be replaced... I had the same issue with a 150mm...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sending it into Hasselblad will mean it gets done right.

Shortly after I got my 500C/M, I broke parts in the body. I sent it into them for repair and overhaul, and got back a camera that operated like the day it came off the assembly line.

Dieter

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin