Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,743   Posts: 1,515,598   Online: 956

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuji GX 680

Shooter
    Medium Format
    @yurihuti

Can you make a picture of that polaroid mask and tge procedure you was Talking about Yuri? Cause i would like to try Instant Film

Greetings

Shooter
    Large Format
    You have chosen an amazing camera system. I have been using mine about 2 years now and have been delighted with its performance. The tilt and shift features are very useful and I use them more than I thought I would. The price of the various system components seems to be dropping and at present they are very readily available. I have the 80, 100, 125, 150, 180 3.2, 190SF, 210 and 250 lenses. Did not pay more than $150 for any of them. Get the bellows compendium shade. I also have the prism eye level viewfinder but do not use it very often. I have had no problem with blurring b/c of mirror slap and it is possible to use the camera hand held. It is a heavy beast but worth the effort of carrying it. I also have the large format lensboard adapter which allows the use of older barrel type lenses - I use my 9 inch Verito with it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Benton View Post
    I also have the large format lensboard adapter which allows the use of older barrel type lenses - I use my 9 inch Verito with it.
    great, i have send you somequestions about the adapter board, finally i found someone using it

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazian View Post
    Search for the 3.2 Aperture lenses they are imo the best you can get and Super Sharp , 180mm 3.2 my Favorite Portrait Lens , im using the fuji with a leaf aptus 75 Great results , but you have a new crop digitallY
    Thanks..... I will look into the Leaf Aptus system and start saving my pennies. The 3.2 lenses are nice and I will look for those as well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    [QUOTE=Simon Benton;1306813]You have chosen an amazing camera system. I have been using mine about 2 years now and have been delighted with its performance. The tilt and shift features are very useful and I use them more than I thought I would. The price of the various system components seems to be dropping and at present they are very readily available. I have the 80, 100, 125, 150, 180 3.2, 190SF, 210 and 250 lenses. Did not pay more than $150 for any of them. Get the bellows compendium shade. I also have the prism eye level viewfinder but do not use it very often. I have had no problem with blurring b/c of mirror slap and it is possible to use the camera hand held. It is a heavy beast but worth the effort of carrying it. I also have the large format lensboard adapter which allows the use of older barrel type lenses - I use my 9 inch Verito with it.[/QUOTE

I found some very reasonable prices for the Fuji lenses but some of the fast glass (f3.2) can go for twice that or more. Is there a source other than Ebay or KEH to buy lenses? Is there an issue with flare for some of the lenses that requires a shade, or is it just good practice to have one on all the time? I usually use a shade with my Nikon digital camera but its not always necessary. Good to know that in practice,the mirror does not affect sharpness, it was a concern of mine. Thanks.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I recommend the 100mm lens. It was the best I encountered and worked great as a macro lens too. I still have mine in its original box (mint) if you are interested..

Shooter
    Large Format
    There is (maybe was) an 125mm f3.2 on ebay for 149.95 currently. Says has some haze but could be cleaned?

I always try to use the compendium shade to reduce any chance of flare - I do not believe the Fujinon lenses are prone to flare.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Benton View Post
    There is (maybe was) an 125mm f3.2 on ebay for 149.95 currently. Says has some haze but could be cleaned?

I always try to use the compendium shade to reduce any chance of flare - I do not believe the Fujinon lenses are prone to flare.
    The 125 f3.2 lens is still available on ebay (link below). The hazing looks like possible damage to the coating on the front element, not sure if that can be cleaned, or if not , how badly the lens would flare in certain lighting conditions? It is a really good price though, tempting but I think I'll hold off on that one and wait for another 125 to come up for auction. Thanks for mentioning it.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Fujifilm-Fuji...item33725e9acc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tnabbott View Post
    I recommend the 100mm lens. It was the best I encountered and worked great as a macro lens too. I still have mine in its original box (mint) if you are interested..
    I am interested in the 100mm, I believe its an f4.0, and I would like to do macro with this camera. Do you need extension rails to get the focusing range for macro work and is the standard bellows ok to use as is?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jshaw35 View Post
    I am interested in the 100mm, I believe its an f4.0, and I would like to do macro with this camera. Do you need extension rails to get the focusing range for macro work and is the standard bellows ok to use as is?
    There is a 40mm and 80mm extension available, very simple install.

Waiting on a 125mm f/3.2 (or 115mm or 180mm) is a good idea. I've the 125mm and 180mm f/3.2 and found them for a little more than the one with the haze... keep an eye out on craigslist if you are near a large-ish metro area.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin