Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,959   Posts: 1,558,179   Online: 1159

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuji GX 680

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Fuji GX 680

Anyone using the Fuji GX 680 series of cameras? I just purchased one (version1) of these cameras as well as two rollfilm backs, 150mm and 250mm lenses.
    I am looking for a wide angle lens like the 80 or 60mm, any recommendations? What are you experiences with this camera? Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hmm I wonder if you can cross-mount one of the mamiya RB lenses on there... just a thought. Alas, those particular cameras and lenses are in short supply now.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have the gx 680III what ou would like to know?

got the 60mm too! im using it digitally and analog

greetings grazian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Congratulations on getting into this amazing system!

I have some of these amazing bodies, including a pair of the 680 version I. On the wider spectrum, I have both the 80mm f/5.6 and 50mm f/5.6 which are both spectacular. One word of warning, the 50mm is a large lens and the full range of movements, while they work, will vignette at the extremes. It is a beautiful, wide, wide beast though. You might want to look into the 65mm f/5.6, which I believe has the full range of movements available without worry of vignetting and is significantly less expensive than the 50mm.

For some fun pick up a Polaroid back and some of the Fuji FP peel apart films to use (don't put the mask in, leaving you more room of exposed emulsion). Lots of fun and you can give people something much nicer than a crappy little LCD screen to look at!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the suggestion, I had not thought of that. The lenses are still out there, as well as various parts for the camera, on ebay and sometimes available at KEH.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for your reply. I was wondering what the best, ie; sharpest as well good contrast and color reproduction, lenses to look out for when they come out for sale on ebay? Is there anything to watch out for as far as the operation of the camera that can get me into trouble? The operation seems straight forward enough but I did have an issue with one of the film backs. I loaded the film properly but when I turned the camera on the film did not advance to the first frame. I kept firing the shutter, about 7 times and the frame number remained at 0exp. It eventually showed frame 1 but only after shutting it off, removing the back and starting over agian. To make it more complicated the other back that I have worked right away as soon as I turned the camera on. It loaded the film to frame 1 without any problems. I have to try that other back again to see if its just that back. I know you have to clean the contacts occasionally on the lens and back as well as the on the body of the camera, maybe that was the problem?
    What digital back are you using? It can be very expensive to buy one of those, so it may be a while before I can do that. It seems that I can't go wrong with either the 65 or 80mm lenses, I just have to be careful to get one in good condition.

Regards
    Joel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't the film backs have thier own battery? May need checking.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by yurihuta View Post
    Congratulations on getting into this amazing system!

I have some of these amazing bodies, including a pair of the 680 version I. On the wider spectrum, I have both the 80mm f/5.6 and 50mm f/5.6 which are both spectacular. One word of warning, the 50mm is a large lens and the full range of movements, while they work, will vignette at the extremes. It is a beautiful, wide, wide beast though. You might want to look into the 65mm f/5.6, which I believe has the full range of movements available without worry of vignetting and is significantly less expensive than the 50mm.

For some fun pick up a Polaroid back and some of the Fuji FP peel apart films to use (don't put the mask in, leaving you more room of exposed emulsion). Lots of fun and you can give people something much nicer than a crappy little LCD screen to look at!
    Its a great system, especially with the tilt shift movements of the lens. A bit of a bear to carry around though and it needs a good solid tripod for support. I have the remote trigger, and I hear that its best to lock the mirror up for most shutter speeds as it can cause blurry pictures.
    I will probably get the 80mm as soon as I can, it usually goes for a better price than the 65mm and if its as good as you say it seems a better value. I will likely not get the 50mm because of its size and restrictions with vignetting. Do you have any photos in the gallery with the 65 and 80mm lenses for me to compare? I may change my mind on the 80mm.
    The Polaroid back sounds good I'll check it out. Thanks

Joel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas View Post
    Don't the film backs have thier own battery? May need checking.
    I have read that somewhere and Fuji has done a very good job in hiding it. I checked the CALL/LIGHT push button switch on the top of the film back with it off the camera body and the 0exp
    indication on the LCD comes on, so I think the battery is still good but may be weak. The other film back that worked right away does not advance the film until it was connected to the camera.
    Of course it may be smart enough to know that with the contacts between the back and camera body supplying info to the back to advance the film. I think I need an operators manual.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Search for the 3.2 Aperture lenses they are imo the best you can get and Super Sharp , 180mm 3.2 my Favorite Portrait Lens , im using the fuji with a leaf aptus 75 Great results , but you have a new crop digitallY

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin