Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,764   Posts: 1,516,272   Online: 1122

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield View Post
    No, the focus was not the issue. It was a problem with the winding mechanism. It's quite likely the camera had never been serviced before and it's a 1977 model.
    Ah i see, well, i will check out the service if that may help.

So how can i tell which model year is my camera?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan W View Post

I got one a while ago on ebay for $121,I've seen 'em go for up to $400.Patience is the key,they're quite scarce,but wonderful to have.
    I still prefer to handle Hasselblad over Mamiya RZ, but no problem, if i can get one i may go for it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've had both. Zeiss lenses are the reason to use a Hasselblad. It's not just about sharp, it's also about transmission. But I like the little ETR. I haven't used the others.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I too suspect the Hassey may have an alignment issue. Could be 1 of several issues. I'd suggest taking it to a good repair shop and having it checked out. While I've never owned a Hassey I've used a couple of the 5xx series and the focus with the standard fucus screen was excellent. I've owned and used Bronicas as main camera and love them but hae to admit with the standard focusing screen the Hassey is the better of the 2. If you had neither, I vote for you getting the Bronica but as you have the Hassey, I vote for having it looked at and fixed. Both are excellent cameras but the Hassey is just a bit better.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by artonpaper View Post
    I've had both. Zeiss lenses are the reason to use a Hasselblad. It's not just about sharp, it's also about transmission. But I like the little ETR. I haven't used the others.
    No doubt that those hassy Zeiss lenses are sharp and nice, but i am talking about focusing the subject/view i see on the WLV, it doesn't impressing me at all as that of RZ, the RZ is like 3D TV, Hassy was like 480p or very hardly 720p.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
    I too suspect the Hassey may have an alignment issue. Could be 1 of several issues. I'd suggest taking it to a good repair shop and having it checked out. While I've never owned a Hassey I've used a couple of the 5xx series and the focus with the standard fucus screen was excellent. I've owned and used Bronicas as main camera and love them but hae to admit with the standard focusing screen the Hassey is the better of the 2. If you had neither, I vote for you getting the Bronica but as you have the Hassey, I vote for having it looked at and fixed. Both are excellent cameras but the Hassey is just a bit better.
    I have the Hasselblad [501CM], and thanks that you told me it is a tad better over the Bronica, i will give it a more test and take it to service if that may help in something, but i was hoping some who own this Hasselblad may faced this issue and did find the solution.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TareqPhoto View Post

About 1/3 down this page is an explanation-
    http://www.photoethnography.com/Clas...elblad500.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have the Hasselblad [501CM], and thanks that you told me it is a tad better over the Bronica, i will give it a more test and take it to service if that may help in something, but i was hoping some who own this Hasselblad may faced this issue and did find the solution.
    I have this very same camera and I'm sorry you are having the trouble you are having. When I first got the camera I just had the standard waist level finder which
    I found to be pretty good. I wear glasses and found that it was a lot better when I added a corrective diopter.

Later I found a PME5 finder and installed the appropriate diopter. This is a perfect set up for me. I find it better than the finders on my Nikon F3hp and F4!

You might check it out.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Write on a piece of paper:
    VHPICTURES

Then write under it:

with the numbers directly under the letters. Find the two-letter code on your body it's on the back panel and map the letters to the numbers.

Example: UE = 79 (1979)

(Same with the back.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Cool, i will check out what model is my camera body, i bought the film back brand new.

Well, i am looking for that PME VF, but i thought that the focusing screen will remain the same and only finder will be different, or does that PME coming with its own focusing screen?

I heard about some brands such as Brightscreen and Beattie, are those any better? Those are expensive, so before i get any if they are really better, i have to see if i have an issue with my camera or focussing screen.

Just to make it clear for you, i can focus with my hasselblad and have the shots in focus, but this take time for me and i still not sure if it is in focus spot on or not, with RZ i just focus and it is dead on always and even i can tell where i want to focus, but with hasselblad i just not sure if the eyes are in focus or the nose or the hair or the lips or the ears, and if it is more 3D-ish items still life then i will have hard time to tell which part is in focus, if i get what i want in focus then i am lucky, but with RZ there is no trial error of what i do, i can focus on any part i want with easy and sure it is in focus except if i move or the subject moves.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin