Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,748   Posts: 1,515,694   Online: 934

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Are you using a split circle focusing screen? That can be quite helpful.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a 501CM with the new Acutewhatever (plain one). I also had a Bronica SQB (with the split prism screen). I owned them side by side for a while. If I was to pick one thing being the biggest difference between the two was how much dimmer the Bronica screen was. The split screen did make focusing quicker when it worked but it was also crap and darkened unless you were looking at it at the exact correct angle it was supposed to work so it wasn't really quicker, so overall I find the 501 a much better experience (focusing and everything else).

I use both a WLF and PM90 on my 501, with the prism whenever I miss focus is because I wasn't careful. I played with a RZ for a few minutes so I really cannot say whether focusing is easier or not. Have you consider a split screen for the Hasselblad? It should make it much quicker to get focus right.
    Hasselblad 501CM, 60CB, 80CB, 160CB
    Mamiya RB67SD, 65KL, 90KL, 127KL
    Nikonos V, 35
    EOS 3, 40/2SL

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    From what you say, it sounds like you need an Accumatte or a brighter screen.

I used to have a Bronica SQ-Ai and really liked it, but the deal on a Hasselblad was too good to pass up. I also got a 45-degree finder which I prefer anyway, and that helped matters, too.
    "Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes."

MY BLOG - www.reservedatalltimes.com
    YOU SHOULD LOOK AT THIS SITE - www.colincorneau.com
    INSTAGRAM: colincorneau

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I believe that Hasselblad lenses have their own leaf shutters built into them. I've read in the past that unless these are used on a regular basis, either these or the lens diaphragm can go "sticky" (I'm not sure which) I'm not a Hasselblad user, but it seems they don't like being left idle for long periods.

Perhaps users who may have experienced this could comment?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I will test my Hasselblad again, i may photograph the focusing screens i have but i hope i can do that in good way without reflection of light or over exposed the glass, i don't know if i have the Acute-D or Acute Matte, one screen came along with the body when i bought it and the other i bought it later to see if it will do better, not sure which is doing better now but both aren't quick or say reliable for me as my Mamiya RZ F.screen one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield View Post
    It's quite likely that something is internally slightly out of alignment in your Hasselblad. It is probably worthwhile having it serviced.
    What he said.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    These are the focusing screen i have for my Hasselblad:

This is the first one
    http://www.camren.com/camera/hasscreen.jpg
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/images/l...ges/123306.jpg

And the second one is in attachments as a doc file, i drew it as i couldn't find a link for it exactly, that one has a little scratch on the centered circle but it doesn't change the face i have difficulty to focus smoothly precisely.
    Attached Files

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just a thought, before you send it off.
    Just check that the screen is installed the right way up. I'm sure it, is but why not have a look!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Goutiere View Post
    Just a thought, before you send it off.
    Just check that the screen is installed the right way up. I'm sure it, is but why not have a look!
    It is installed the right way up, i will not make mistake in this.

I wish to meet another Hasselblad user in my area if i can find and check if his/her one focusing better than mine or if he think mine is doing fine and i just have this wrong feeling about the focusing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I haven't used the acute matt versions, but I really despise the standard screen. I use one of the microprism screens in one body, and a split image in the other. Either are miles above the standard cross-hair screen, IMHO.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin