Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,963   Online: 1224

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Hasselblad or Bronica

Hi all,

Long time i didn't post here.

Well, i have my Hasselblad for over 1 year, almost 2 years, i mean my film one, but the only regret i have with this camera is the focusing.

I am not sure if Bronica focusing is better than Hasselblad 500 series, i have Mamiya RZ and its focusing is superior to Hasselblad, not even close, so how can i fix this problem with Hasselblad though i have 2 focusing screens [Acute/Acute-D] and both didn't cut it for me, i want a 6x6 format camera, and as much i love the Hassy handle and gear, but the focus making me to go with Mamiya or even Fuji RF over it, what to do, i don't mind to get Brony if it is better.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    There is a 6x6 back for the rz. It is rather rare now, but if you watch for a few weeks you'll find one. I got one recently.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It's quite likely that something is internally slightly out of alignment in your Hasselblad. It is probably worthwhile having it serviced.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    There is a 6x6 back for the rz. It is rather rare now, but if you watch for a few weeks you'll find one. I got one recently.
    Ah cool, this is an option, i will give that a look, but the weight of RZ is no match to Hasselblad.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield View Post
    It's quite likely that something is internally slightly out of alignment in your Hasselblad. It is probably worthwhile having it serviced.
    What exactly that part is? I found one store/shop by coincidence, i may try them even i don't trust them, we have a digital Hasselblad dealer, not sure if they are servicing film Hassy, will give them a try as well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    tag for info.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TareqPhoto View Post
    What exactly that part is? I found one store/shop by coincidence, i may try them even i don't trust them, we have a digital Hasselblad dealer, not sure if they are servicing film Hassy, will give them a try as well.
    Sorry, I don't know which part or parts affect the focus, but I had mine serviced a few years ago and the technician mentioned that he had made some adjustments which would correct the focus.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield View Post
    Sorry, I don't know which part or parts affect the focus, but I had mine serviced a few years ago and the technician mentioned that he had made some adjustments which would correct the focus.
    And what was the issue that time you sent it for service?
    the focus issue?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TareqPhoto View Post
    And what was the issue that time you sent it for service?
    the focus issue?
    No, the focus was not the issue. It was a problem with the winding mechanism. It's quite likely the camera had never been serviced before and it's a 1977 model.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    I got one a while ago on ebay for $121,I've seen 'em go for up to $400.Patience is the key,they're quite scarce,but wonderful to have.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin