Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,862   Online: 987

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Touched my first hasselblad this weekend!

I finally got to take out my first (excluding the holga...) medium format camera from class! It was a hasselblad 500 c/m and let me just say WOW. I know it was a loaner but damn, we just go well together! I have a very very very bad feeling that my checking account is going to be sans the price of a new camera by the time this class is over... Once I got used to the backwards feeling, it felt so good to compose the shot and the negatives! They were gorgeous! Getting an extremely bad case of GAS!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You just wait until you touch a Rolleiflex!

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jackie_like_the_chan View Post
    I finally got to take out my first (excluding the holga...) medium format camera from class! It was a hasselblad 500 c/m and let me just say WOW. I know it was a loaner but damn, we just go well together! I have a very very very bad feeling that my checking account is going to be sans the price of a new camera by the time this class is over... Once I got used to the backwards feeling, it felt so good to compose the shot and the negatives! They were gorgeous! Getting an extremely bad case of GAS!!!
    they are just beautiful. love at first sight?
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hassy makes great equipment and I imagine you will start looking in the Classifieds for some great used ones very soon.

Thanks for your first impressions, it reminds me of my first thoughts with one in hand for the first time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Once I went into a shop to buy a 35mm lens or whatever, can't remember. They had a Hasselblad 501CM and I made the mistake of asking to try it. Needless to say, I didn't buy what I originally went there for. Since then I added a 50, a 250, another back and a prism. Right now, I literally just got back home from that same shop I bought my 501. This time I went to buy a Canon 35/2 they had for sale online. Well...instead of that I came home with a 150CF...

It really is a slippery slope. Or there is something they spray in the air in that shop.
    Hasselblad, Mamiya RB, Nikonos, Canon EOS

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    offto the ppoor house you go
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a lot of cameras, but my Hasselblads are my favorites, for sure. So much thought went into the design, and they handle so nicely, and they're so very versatile, and the results are so fantastic. Best camera ever!

Shooter
    35mm
    If only developing was cheaper for medium format...

Shooter
    Medium Format

i prefer....

the Mamiya - was disappointed with holding my first Hasselblad - thought it far too small!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Frankly, I'm a little scared to try the other cameras... I'm worried I'll love them all! It's bad, I keep checking keh and b&h and the bay of evil. I'm also beginning to resemble a kid at the pet store I wanna bring him home and I'll name him Vlad and I'll feed him film and take him for long walks.....

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin