Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,920   Posts: 1,522,005   Online: 1024

Shooter
    35mm

What is this lens haze?

Hello, I have just bought this lens from a dealer only to find it has a strange looking haze inside the lenses, lens is Mamiya C series 105mm DS f3.5, both viewing and taking lenses are effected. Not seen this type of haze before, some areas appear hazed whilst the the middle is not and appears lighter or more clear. Seems to be on inside of rear element and not the external surface. Anyone seen this before?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P2210030.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	253.5 KB 
ID:	46746

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like separation of the elements. You nshould take/send it nack and get your money returned.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    If I recall correctly the twin lenses are easy to clean, internally. However, if, as Ian offers, it is a result of the cementing failing, I would not know what to do. Sorry, but chances are the seller knew of this and hoped to catch someone offguard.

But, if the haze is merely the result of air imparting its pollutants upon the inner glass (remember, element surfaces between the aperture are NOT airtight) you might simply be able to unscrew the front. I think on the old style lenses this was done easily. The worst that can happen is that you would need a spanner wrench (I use a pointed, old pair of shears for this!!!) and carefully unscrew the ring either on front or rear. - David Lyga

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin