Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,953   Posts: 1,522,757   Online: 1008

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The AE (not II) prism displays the metered shutter speed in the eyepiece using red-LED numbers on the left when you half-press the shutter. The metering is much more basic than in any modern 35mm SLR (no honeycombs or evaluative metering or whatever): you get to choose average/center-weighted/spot and an exposure-compensation factor and it tells you what the shutter speed will be.

There is only Aperture Priority because that's directly selected by the ring on the lens with no control from the camera. That might differ on the II but I doubt it.
    Last edited by polyglot; 12-11-2012 at 08:37 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I used to own an RZ67 that I purchased used. It came with both the waist level finder and an AE finder. I hated the AE finder because of the weight of it. It makes an all ready heavy camera heavier.

Of course that is my opinion and to be honest I prefer waist level finders anyway. Some people love the prism finders.

I do recommend that if possible try it on your RZ before you buy to see if you don't mind the weight and bulk.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks polyglot and Alan for the knowledge, I appreciate it!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Question about the RZ67 metered prism

Quote Originally Posted by brucemuir View Post
    Keep in mind there were at least 2 types of RZ AE metered prisms.
    The first type with one single side mounted shutter dial will only work on the RZ (won't on an RZ pro II unless modified)

The later type with 2 top mounted dials will work on the Pro and Pro II.
    Is THAT why mine doesn't seem to function on my RZ Pro II?? It is the older one... Anyone want to trade? It lights up but nothing works, makes sense if it isn't designed for the Pro II... Hmmm

I never liked it anyway as mentioned, I really only use it if I am doing a shot where I want the camera higher than I can actually get myself and need to use the prison finder so I can see the scene.

I have never heard good things about the meter, I would just use a hand meter

Yea, so, trade anyone? LOL

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    Sorry, I have a few more questions! Like I said I have the RZ67 Pro, will the AE Prism for the Pro II work on the Pro I body? If so, does it take advantage of the half stops as well? Only reason I ask is because I've seen people say yes and no, would just like a good solid yes or no! haha. I found a Pro II AE prism for about $80 in pretty good condition. Thanks!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Question about the RZ67 metered prism

Quote Originally Posted by jessej View Post
    Sorry, I have a few more questions! Like I said I have the RZ67 Pro, will the AE Prism for the Pro II work on the Pro I body? If so, does it take advantage of the half stops as well? Only reason I ask is because I've seen people say yes and no, would just like a good solid yes or no! haha. I found a Pro II AE prism for about $80 in pretty good condition. Thanks!
    For $80 buy it!! You will be able to sell it for much more on eBay later if you don't like it.

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Definitely buy the prism for $80 if it's working correctly. But an $80 Pro II Prism really depresses me. I have one I'm going to be putting up for sale again. I paid about $350 for it 5 years ago. I can't believe how much the RZ stuff has dropped in price since then. I guess now is the time to get the stuff listed.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    $80 is an epic deal on the AE-II prism, they're normally about $300ish unless something crazy happened to the market I don't know about, and most other RZ stuff isn't falling that fast.

Make sure it's not the PD prism, they're very cheap and have an extremely annoying/useless meter.

Shooter
    35mm
    My mistake everyone, I confused it for the wrong prism. It is a RZ II Prism but it's the non metered version. Womp.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jessej View Post
    My mistake everyone, I confused it for the wrong prism. It is a RZ II Prism but it's the non metered version. Womp.
    I'm not aware of any such product existing, unless it's the "RB Prism II", quite an old beastie indeed. You got a picture of it?

RZ/RB Accessory Compatibility Listing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin