Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,675   Posts: 1,481,934   Online: 1099

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    "For some parts perhaps. It's a bit of a sweeping statement to say all parts need this tolerance."

You are absolutely correct. For a large number of parts of a camera high tolerances are not necessary, but my statement was focused on precision parts and the possibility of reproducing them using 3D printing as an alternative to machining or other precision process.

Cheers...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Sometimes a part which would easily be o.k. at +/- 1mm is specified to +/- 0.05mm.
    Long ago in a different life I ran a metrology lab. We would tell customers they could have as many zeros as they could afford.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbsc View Post
    Long ago in a different life I ran a metrology lab. We would tell customers they could have as many zeros as they could afford.
    : ) well said...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin