Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,472   Online: 1122

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format

Finding a decent bag is a pain!

My Thinktank Streetwalker Pro has been pulling double duty hauling around my 35mm and RZ kit for about 2 years now. I'm really sick of switching out kits based on what I want to shoot that day. I just pulled the trigger on another Nikon F5, and I need to move up to a bigger bag, possibly the Streetwalker HD. I was originally going to have the streetwalker pro hold my RZ kit, but its also getting a little small after adding an AE prism and a 4th back this week.

Thinking about giving it to my girlfriend to hold her digital crap, and getting a 2nd streetwalker HD, but I'm wanting to see what everyone on here thinks I should be looking at as far as a bag goes. I do a lot of hiking so I would want a backpack type bag. I carry around a rather large and heavy Bogen 3036 tripod, so a bag that I can strap this to would be great!

So far I need to haul around...
    RZ body w/110 & back
    3 extra backs
    Polaroid back
    180mm lens
    50mm lens
    space for a 3rd lens
    Bellows hood in future
    Power winder in future
    AE prism
    meter
    6-10 tools of film
    6 77mm filters
    misc stuff.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    do you really need to carry both ae prism and a meter? 4 backs?

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If I were you I'd just leave half of that pile at home, but if you must, I'd suggest a bag with an ICU (Internal Camera Unit) system. These are basically padded bags of different sizes which you put into a fairly regular looking backpack or bag. Have a look at the F-stop backpack lineup, from what I've heard they're the best (and most expensive, too).
    And the sign said, "long haired freaky people need not apply"

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Carry less my friend. You're killing yourself with optionitis.

Embrace limitation.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just because you own the gear and have paid for it is no reason to schlep all of it around at once and be so exhausted when you want to use it that you can't hold the camera still, the military have known since the middle ages that there's a limit that a soldier can carry for a days march and still be in a fit condition for combat.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    At this point you should look for a towable wheeled bag lol. Seriously it will save your back and shoulders.

Try not to over do it, Nice and simple keeps you nimble!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Whenever I have a lot of euipment with me, I ususally find that the majority never gets used. Now, I make an effort to bring the minimum, much better.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Yeah I re-read my list and feel like I am carrying a lot of stuff. You all made good points, time to rethink my options here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you really want to carry all that get a backpack. Seriously, all that weight+tripod on a shoulder bag will cause you serious back and shoulder issues in the future. And there is no going back from that when it happens.

I generally do take everything when I travel somewhere but leave most of it in the hotel/car/wherever and only carry with me one body and a couple of lenses. A much better experience for me and whoever is with me.
    Hasselblad, Mamiya RB, Nikonos, Canon EOS

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Old school Domke bags are tough to beat for MF. I got an F2 for 35mm/645/6x6 and the bigger F1x for a Mamiya RB kit. Think you need to travel lighter and/or sort out mobile and studio kits.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin