Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,194   Online: 1023

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Depends upon what and how you shoot as to which model fits you, I think. I bought a 645E and have 3 lenses and had contemplated a change to another model then decided to keep it. My ONLY complaint with the 645E is the inabiliy to change the backs. But I rarely ever have to do that, so why spend the $$$?

On the other hand, if you're doing work that requires you to change out the backs often, the 645E isn't going to make you happy and you should consider the ProTL or the AFD. That's my 2 cents...which is about what my opinion is worth...

regards,
    S

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Got my 645E on Thursday -- a used mint model, still in the box for $475. I love it..great viewfinder, controls are easy to use, and so long as there are film inserts, the only reason I can think that someone would want removable backs is to use a digital back, anyway, or polaroid. I shot a test roll the same night and developed it -- no problems. I really like the aperture priority and the nice viewfinder with adjustable diopter!
    Mark O'Brien -
    At the home of Argus cameras...Ann Arbor, MI
    http://www.geocities.com/argusmaniac/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dans, there are actually three metered prisms for your 645:
    The CdS finder with match needle metering.
    The PD finder with match diode metering.
    The AE finder with aperture preferred automation.
    So, you still have options for your "old iron".
    These are great system cameras, and built like a brick house.
    [COLOR=Sienna][FONT=Arial]Some days are diamonds. Some days a tree crashes through your roof.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin