Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,697   Posts: 1,482,545   Online: 898

Shooter
    Medium Format

Mamiya 7 Service?

I just called MAC today. $308 to refurb my newly aquired Mamiya 7. My question is, do I need it refurbished totally, or just get the rangefinder replaced for the 7II finder and have it re-aligned? There seems to be no issues with the camera, but it's used and while not abused, has seen some use. Do I really need them to replace all the springs and stuff in it?

I think perhaps MAC is trying to upsell their service.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If it ain't broke...Still, given the turbulence in the analog world, you might consider getting it serviced/updated/refurbed while you can.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Call Bob at Precision Camera works in Chicago.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If I were going to the trouble of sending it in for anything, I'd probably go ahead and have them do a complete refurb while they're at it. Enjoy the new camera!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would have it totally overhauled. It's a FANTASTIC camera that should last you a LONG time! I would see about getting the lenses calibrated for the rangefinder too.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin