Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,697   Posts: 1,482,545   Online: 885

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Agree with above. I go 1 stop for yellow, 2 stops for orange. Hasn't failed me yet!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    OK... thanks for the great advice and instruction. For starters I will adjust 1 stop and see how it turns out. Right now everything is cloudy and raining so I'm just shooting without the filter.
    Pentax 67ii, Fuji GF670, Mamiya 6, Pentax 645N
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Good! Our students will occasionally try to darken the sky with a filter on our typical dreary foggy days...then wonder why it didn't! LOL!
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Good! Our students will occasionally try to darken the sky with a filter on our typical dreary foggy days...then wonder why it didn't! LOL!
    I've been told recently, by a "photographer", that you cannot use color filters on B&W.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Regarding my original response I forgot to mention that I only use selenium cell meters. I never use built in meters due to the varying sensitivity of the electronic cells.

David
    www.dsallen.de
    D.S. Allen, fotograf.

Neue 3D Ausstellung/New 3D exhibition: www.german-fine-arts.com/berlin.html
    Neue Fotos/New Photos: http://shop.german-fine-arts.com/d-s-allen.html
    Vita/CV: www.german-fine-arts.com/allen.php

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David Allen View Post
    Regarding my original response I forgot to mention that I only use selenium cell meters. I never use built in meters due to the varying sensitivity of the electronic cells.

David
    www.dsallen.de
    That's a good plan, for more reasons than varying spectral sensitivty, to use one meter for all cameras.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    With a hand held meter, which I need to use all the time as none of the cameras I use has a built in meter, and using iso 400 as an example, I would set the meter at 200 for yellow, 100 for orange and 50 for red. keeps things nice and simple and works for me, and has done so for around 40 years.
    Richard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin