Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,954   Posts: 1,586,006   Online: 714

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    wow your hand goes all the way across cantore LOL I have small hands... arpinum, thanks for your method too. switching from the 90 to the 180 threw me for a loop again then as well since there was even more weight out front. I can see lots and lots of "hands on" practice is required LOL. I appreciate all the help!
    j e s s i c a | d i t t m e r

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Are you using a strap with it?
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    yes for sure lol
    j e s s i c a | d i t t m e r

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The monopod is a very good idea. When I didn't want to use a tripod with my RB, I used a monopod with a tilting head. With the RZ/prism finder, push the pod leg forward 12"-18", lean the RZ back towards your body, tilt the camera forward (level) and use your upper body & eye contact to steady all. Use a remote release. Works great. PM me if you want particulars.
    Last edited by Gerry M; 03-09-2012 at 11:02 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Have you used the grip holder? That's what I use.

>>> Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use an RB67, but it should be similar.

Waist level finder only (it is lighter!). If you are having trouble with the magnifier, check in case someone has switched to a non-standard diopter correction.

Shorten the neck strap if you can do so comfortably (this suggestion may vary with gender).

Left hand grip with built in shutter release!

If I don't have the grip, the left hand goes under the base of the camera, with the left hand index figure on the shutter release.

Right hand adjusts everything, although left thumb may be able to help with focus.

With the 180mm lens, you really want at least a mono-pod.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Try the L Grip as previously mentioned.
    I find it indespensible when hand holding my RB with a neck strap.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I love my RZ, but I have a bum back. I hardly ever shoot it without some sort of a "pod."

Tri-Pod...Mono-Pod, or...Bag-Pod.

If I do a walk-about downtown, I just keep the bag-pod mounted on the camera.
    I can usually find something to set or balance the camera on.
    Fire hydrant, parking meter, mail box, etc...

Below is a link for a Bag-Pod, so you know what I'm talking about.
    Mine doesn't have a strap, but does have the common 1/4 X 20 threaded stud,
    just like any other pod. My bag-pod is old and a bit scruffy looking,
    but the bottom of my camera is still pristine.

Marc

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...od_Camera.html
    Last edited by Marc B.; 03-10-2012 at 01:16 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm picking up lots of useful hints here as I've hardly ever taken my RZ off a tripod - and a very sturdy tripod at that. So maybe I'll try a little hand-holding with the RZ. On the other hand (oops, a pun) I find a Yashicamat TLR comes in as a handy substitute when the tripod isn't practical. I find it hard to image using the RZ hand-held at less than 1/400s whereas the TLR will comfortably operate at 1/30s.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yep one of the main reasons a TLR is so great. Never understood the huge impact of MF SLRs other then 100% focal accuracy and interchangeable lenses. The latter of which my c330's deal with.

Anyways my comment about the strap was in reference to using the RZ in TLR-like fashion - assuming it has a WLF.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin