Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,723   Online: 990

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    i love using my rollei and hassy for smaller MF and this one is new for me - I will check out your suggestions! I can try it without using the magnifier too - I'm use to using a wlf with my others even though I have a prism for the hassy I didn't like it as well. This one I don't seem to mind. I have a test roll #1 shot and will continue to try some things til I find what I like. Never tried a monopod before but I do have sturdy tripods. more experimenting!
    j e s s i c a | d i t t m e r

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaDittmer View Post
    wowza this thing is heavy and big...I have small hands but trying to figure out where to put them while focusing the knob and the tendency to want to support the lens has me all tied up and awkward....any tips welcome! on my test polaroids I'm not quite getting the focus on the wl viewfinder with magnifier. I've since swapped and put the prism on hoping that may help me more. Shot a roll of Delta HP 400 today in Sunny Breezy Iowa of my boys to test both of my lenses that cam with the camera and test if I like the prism view better. I want to test in studio soon too! Not sure I have the right chems here to process myself so I'll probably send them off and wait IMPATIENTLY for the result of my playing...

so, if I can figure out the best way to hold this monster and do this I won't look like a freak when I use it
    It seems that you are learning two things here, familiarity with a strange camera, and focussing on a strange screen/viewfinder. Possibly, you are distracted by the strangeness of the new camera. Try putting the thing on a tripod and focussing on various objects. Don't worry about exposing film, just practice and concentrate on focussing on different objects under different lighting conditions. These are bulky cameras, they take a bit of getting used to.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I use an RB67 and RZ67 with an L-grip and have got good results at as low as 1/60s.

Before I had the grip, I used to cradle it in my right hand, with my index finger on the shutter release, then I'd use my left hand for focusing and aperture/shutter work. I bought the RB67 grip with trigger release and it works for the RB as well as RZ system. I picked mine up for $35.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You may find it easier to work with a pistol grip. The Mamiya grip and Nikon grip both have triggers.
    The angle of the Nikon grip can be rotated to adjust for comfort but a set would be:
    The Grip, tripod adapter(many are missing) cable release and adapter for the release. It uses a Leica/Yashica style thread and would need an adapter to use a standard release. The adapter is VERY uncommon.
    Any way, the grip places the weight directly over your hand, left index finger on the trigger and your right hand can advance, focus and set lens. The "L" grip will tend to pull the camera downward on the right side. Think teeter totter with one child.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    thanks! I'm going to look at getting a grip too -I think it would help. I am improving already though after lots of playing.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Wonder if there is an iPhone or android app that could easily display the amount of camera shake? place the phone inside the WLF and play around until you find a personal solution. Would also be nice to do this with a bubble level so you know its both steady and straight.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Get the multi-angle grip. It's heavier than the L grip but also much more ergonomic.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    update: doing well with this! I'm use to the camera now and things are going great with it! I just needed to get use to it and bond with it LOL

Shooter
    Medium Format
    When I got my RZ67II a few years ago, it took a while before I got used to the bulk. The L grip definitely helps. As you've discovered, this camera produces some stellar instant shots with the Pola back. I probably capture 50% of my pictures through that alone.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin