Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,702   Posts: 1,482,661   Online: 668

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

learning to focus the RZ

wowza this thing is heavy and big...I have small hands but trying to figure out where to put them while focusing the knob and the tendency to want to support the lens has me all tied up and awkward....any tips welcome! on my test polaroids I'm not quite getting the focus on the wl viewfinder with magnifier. I've since swapped and put the prism on hoping that may help me more. Shot a roll of Delta HP 400 today in Sunny Breezy Iowa of my boys to test both of my lenses that cam with the camera and test if I like the prism view better. I want to test in studio soon too! Not sure I have the right chems here to process myself so I'll probably send them off and wait IMPATIENTLY for the result of my playing...

so, if I can figure out the best way to hold this monster and do this I won't look like a freak when I use it
    j e s s i c a | d i t t m e r

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Tried the manual? They sometimes have some interesting takes on it. Don't know about the RZ but others do.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I cradle mine in my left hand,focus with my right thumb and forefinger and hit the shutter release with my middle right,easy!Try it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If you want to hand-hold it then the L handle thingy is indispensable. As an alternative a monopod is handy.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    usually manuals do go into positioning specs but I don't see that in mine LOL - Alan, I've been doing that (it cradles in my forearm as well since I have smaller hands, wrists,etc. I think I'm focusing that way too and I'l try the no letting go but adding the middle finger LOL! for the shutter...will see if that helps me be steady and not as awkward. thanks! I have a cramp in my left bicep right now LOL

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    thanks Keithwms- I'll look into that too!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    My cousin is a 7 foot guy and he finds these cameras ergonomic ! Here these cameras been sold to any photo studio and I did not see one at ones hand but on a heavy tripod. Wear steel covered steel workers shoes until you lose control of the camera Good luck.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    finding the prism easier to use for focus than the waist level and magnifier on it....here is a quick polaroid shot tonight with the fuji 3000b film. I think this one went better.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	polaroidpups.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	47584

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I love my RZ67 Its simple like Alan W said. I walk around using mine handheld using a cable release with my light meter hanging from my neck. After the first week using it that way i got use to it and the weight.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo(1).JPG   photo(2).JPG  
    Last edited by cantore; 03-09-2012 at 06:52 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have my left hand under, but using my palm to take the weight and having my fingers pointing forward toward the lens. Right hand on right side of body. Almost forming a 90 degree 'V' with my hands.

I wouldn't try to have 1 hand position to cover everything. Its ok to focus in one configuration, then pause and readjust for your shot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin