Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,725   Posts: 1,515,053   Online: 1120

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Best place to buy Hasselblad lenses?

Hey I am new to the world of Hasselblad. I got the standard 503 cx body and 80mm lens from Keh.com, I bought an older Bargain lens and it seems to be okay, so my question is, Beyond just ebay, is there other great places to find decent Hassie lenses for a good value? Ideally I would like to add 2 more lenses and also find a nicer 80mm at reasonable prices.

Thanks,
    Billy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You already found KEH, that's where I get a lot of my equipment including two Hassy lenses. There's also David Odess, who is a superlative Hassy repair tech. His lenses are not cheap but you are guaranteed a 100% clean, adjusted and perfectly performing lens.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here's David's list of lenses for sale:

http://www.david-odess.com/sales.html#lenses
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks I'll check that out. Does anyone else think ebay is way overpriced for lenses?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jesterthejedi View Post
    Thanks I'll check that out. Does anyone else think ebay is way overpriced for lenses?
    ebay has the best prices hands down. The only issue is that you don't know if there's any issue with the items.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Araakii View Post
    ebay has the best prices hands down. The only issue is that you don't know if there's any issue with the items.
    I researched for weeks and still think I got a better buy on Keh, paid 400 for a 80mm T*.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Go with KEH or David Odess. Both highly reputable.

I wouldn't buy a lens on the bay if the only alternative was to go without. I've bought a lot of other stuff there.

I have all the Hasselblad CF lenses from the 40mm FLE through the 350mm (except the 135mm bellows lens), and a 500mm C.
    Most of them came from KEH. None came from the bay.

- Leigh
    Last edited by Leigh B; 03-12-2012 at 12:18 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jesterthejedi View Post
    I researched for weeks and still think I got a better buy on Keh, paid 400 for a 80mm T*.
    I haven't bought anything from KEH so I don't know how they rate their gears. What condition did they rate your lens at? $400 for a 80mm CF T* is a good price, but you see it on ebay from time to time as well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Also try "for sale" sections on different forums like Hasselblad forums, fredmiranda, and even this one. A lot of times you can get well cared for gear from people like yourself for a very reasonable price.

If you buy a used lens, assume that you will want it serviced. Add $200 to the price. If you buy a used lens that has recently been serviced, figure the cost of the service is included in the price. Otherwise, insist on a 30-day optical-mechanical guarantee on the lens so you can test it and find out if it needs to be serviced or repaired. Owning a Hasselblad is more like owning a Porsche than a Chevy. Get used to higher maintenance costs. A "bargain" may be just that.

Peter Gomena

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin