Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,880   Posts: 1,520,490   Online: 820

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The 135mm S-Planar with the bellows (usually sold with it) is actually a very flexible outfit, goes very close and also infinity. The bellows is a bit of a handful though, and I have just bought a 120 for field use, of course this lens doesn't focus that close without an extension tube.
    If you are just shooting at home or in a studio, don't discount the 135...a really top lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I enjoy my 120 Makro and have never had an issue walking outside with it as a one lens system too. As for still life it does a nice job. The only issue I have with mine was after a year with my EvilBay purchase the spring of the shutter broke and I sent it to David O. for repair, so mine costs me more than it should but I have a really nice copy with a current CLA.

One might consider that buying someone elses lens adds the opportunity of a CLA in an unknown time frame. So is the total cost of ownership is often over looked.

One thing of note, I purchased a used ELM for $ 170.00 so that my still life photos and portraits are easier to keep framed instead of winding the crank and then having to reset the composition as my tripod often moves a scoch when I wind the 500 C/M. Guess I could have purchased a huge tripod, but you can never have enough Hasselblad cameras.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Or good tripods...
    vive la resistance!

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Slixtiesix View Post
    Yes, the old S-Planar 120/5,6 is just as good as the Macro Planar. MTF indicates it is even better in the close up range in fact. These can be had at bargain prices today. Just make sure the shutter works properly. This lens has very high resolution and picture quality is very even across the frame. No distortion also. Bokeh is nice too.
    (These birds have a size of about an inch.)

Attachment 47732
    Excellent recommendation! I just looked on KEH and found a chrome one of these for $400! This may be a nice choice.

The 120 makro-planar is my favorite and most-used Hasselblad lens. The older version also is a good choice, just a bit harder to see through in studio lighting, and perhaps more difficult to fix in the future for lack of parts. Extension tubes are good, as are the Proxar close-up lenses. The 135 is an outstanding lens but expensive and cumbersome with the bellows in anything but a studio situation.

Peter Gomena

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The 120 makro is very nice to use and would be my first choice.
    As you mentioned they're not giving them away.

It gives you a bit nicer working distance than the 80mm.

-Rob
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    What millimeter extension tube would you guys recommend? I'm not going to be doing macro stuff but something similar to the bottle and egg example posted earlier and maybe a bit closer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    for what lens?
    vive la resistance!

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    the 120 5.6 C recommended earlier. How do I know how much extension I will need?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    start with a 32mm extension, but i would really give it a try without any extension, maybe you wont need any extension...
    vive la resistance!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin