Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,755   Online: 940

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jochen View Post
    The first model with EVS was not so convenient as you could not switch it off.
    I thought the first model with EVS was the MX-EVS/3.5B? I have this model and you can disengage the EVS system.
    flickr

"A good photograph is one that makes the viewer so aware of the subject that they are unaware of the print."- Kodak
    "...if you find afterwards that you made a mistake, the price of the film and chemicals was...tuition!" - greybeard
    "The hard part isn’t the decisive moment or anything like that – it’s getting the film on the reel!" - John Szarkowski

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello,
    I think you can engage it by pressing the central button but you cannot chose between permanently disengaged or permanently engaged. This was often criticized and was changed with the 3,5 C. This model has a slit in the button which can rotated by 90°.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We might be thinking of different models. The MX-EVS has a switch on the front of the aperture adjustment wheel that allows you to either engage or disengage the EVS. The MX-EVS did come in two versions though and I have only used Type II's. Perhaps what you are referring to was from the Type I?
    flickr

"A good photograph is one that makes the viewer so aware of the subject that they are unaware of the print."- Kodak
    "...if you find afterwards that you made a mistake, the price of the film and chemicals was...tuition!" - greybeard
    "The hard part isn’t the decisive moment or anything like that – it’s getting the film on the reel!" - John Szarkowski

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The evs system can be permantly disengaged even for those without the disengagement built in. a tech can do it with the cla. I'm undecided about doing it on my T but probably opt to have the tech disengage it though in the past I did find it useful when lighting conditions were not subject to change, I was walking and saw something needing a change of dof but time was short.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think the MX-EVS EV system went through three versions, all on the same basic model. First, no disengagement- I think you have to hit the end stop for aperture and then change the shutter speed? Then the button to hold when changing. Then the little knob to rotate to turn it on and off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin