Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,596   Online: 995

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

What price for a "beater" 80/2.8 planar "T" for Hassy ?

Good evening,

I decided to sell my Hassy gear as I do not *need* it. It only makes more decisions to make, and does not do better for me than what my Rollei does.

The body is already sold, and I'm trying to figure what average price a beater lens would go.

The lens has some cleaning marks on the front lens, some metal shows behind the paint, and the aperture clicks as somewhat soft. OTOH, it's been checked by a professional for a lazy aperture, and works fine.

What do you think ?

Cheers
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Large Format
    I got a "beater" 80/2.8 T* for 200 swiss francs. After some cleaning it turned out to be very nice, no cleaning marks or scratches, times very accurate. I would say I'm quite lucky and I didn't see a different deal like that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Any pictures of it?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The cleaning marks will cost you most. Should still sell for around 150-200 Euros at least, depending on where/how/etc. you sell.

The key point is that the buyer must be able to use the lens without an obligatory CLA done first. CLA's are what scares people off.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks for your answers. At the moment I priced it at 200, but someone offered 100, which I foudn a bit low...

The lens works fine, and was seen by a tech about 6 months ago for a lazy aperture and rough aperture stops. Now the aperture works fine, except the clicks are a bit soft.
    Most important (for me) he controlled the shutter and the times are accurate.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3309.JPG   IMG_3311.JPG   IMG_3310.JPG   IMG_3312.JPG  
    Laurent

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Thanks for your answers. At the moment I priced it at 200, but someone offered 100, which I foudn a bit low...

The lens works fine, and was seen by a tech about 6 months ago for a lazy aperture and rough aperture stops. Now the aperture works fine, except the clicks are a bit soft.
    Most important (for me) he controlled the shutter and the times are accurate.
    take the $100 and run.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    take the $100 and run.
    I think it's worth way more than that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I got $150 for a beat to hell 80mm planar non T*. The cosmetics of the chrome were fine, but the front element looked like someone had taken sandpaper to it. Poor thing. I think you should get $200 easily for yours with a recent CLA.
    I like to turn a negative into a positive. Visit my website to see my work! www.awasos.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks for your feedbacks. The lens was sold for €120, no regrets for me. I hope the new owner will be happy with it.
    Laurent

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    CRAP - have a hassy, but no (working) 80mm.... this could have been the one....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin