Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,772   Posts: 1,484,366   Online: 1176

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Great informative answers folks and yes it only makes sense to get a second 120 insert with the plastic box/holder rather than fumbling around on the street unloading and then loading film while the daylight is moving.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Folks another question on the 645e and I'll post it in this thread.

Mirror lock up question.

In the instruction manual for the 645E on page 20 it says "Note: Only AEL in the mirror Lock-up mode is possible."

What about mirror lock up in manual photography mode? That wording is confusing to me. Can anyone clue me in?

If I want to do long exposures at night on a tripod and avoid any mirror shake, I should be able to lock up the mirror after composing the shot in manual...correct?

Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Benny:

Not surprisingly, once you lock up the mirror, the meter can no longer read the light.

So the reference in the manual is to the fact that if you intend to depend on the meter to set exposure automatically for you, you need to use the AEL function.

Manual metering won't be affected - you will just need to take your meter readings and set your settings before you lock up the mirror.

Have fun!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks Matt,

That clears that up for manual..... and I guess if I did want to set exposure automatically at any time with mirror lock up (I would use AEL mode), then I would press the shutter half way..... the meter would take the reading..... it would then lock for ten seconds ..... and then I lock up the mirror and release the shutter.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin