Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,571   Online: 1053

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Dismount back/PM-90 Prism on Hassy

Just got a 203FE with this prism.

There are these to button-like things, one on each side of the prism.
    I assume these are to be used when you want to dismount the back, however, only the one on the right side will let itself press down. The other one won't move anywhere at all.
    I'm just about clueless dismounting-wise right now. It's probably incredibly simple, but I can't figure it out...

So my question is: How do I dismount the back when using the PM-90 prism?

Thanks!

Southern Forest Region, Western Australia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Remove the back, with the little button at the top front centre of the back, and the viewfinder should slide out toward the rear

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As I understand it, one of the buttons on the finder activates the release button for the back, since you can't reach that with the finder mounted.

I won't bet the ranch on it, since I've never owned a PM-90, but this is what I've heard in conversation.

Note that the darkslide must be fully inserted in order to release the back.

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Leigh B View Post
    As I understand it, one of the buttons on the finder activates the release button for the back, since you can't reach that with the finder mounted.

- Leigh
    Yes, there are two of these buttons. Only one of the will move, but that doesn't seem to be enough. I can't move the other one.

I wonder if it is broken?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I succeeded. The other button was just stuck somehow..

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin