Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,765   Posts: 1,484,088   Online: 973

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Blank film with RB67

I just developed 2 rolls of film from my RB67 that came out completely blank. I have no idea how that happened. Luckily I can reshoot, but it's pretty alarming.

The edge markings are developed and I just used the developer to develop some negatives within the last week, so I don't think the developer died on me. I didn't put the fix in first, because the edge markings are there.

I'm not an expert with the RB67 but I've shot a few rolls through it since I got it. The camera has been sitting for a while, but it worked last I used it. I didn't leave the dark slide in, because I remember taking it out and the RB won't fire with the darkslide in anyway. It was slightly overcast weather so I don't think I could have underexposed that much even if I tried--it's 400 speed film and the camera only goes up to 1/250th of a second and f/32. I suppose the only explanation is that the lens shutter did not fire. Any other ideas?
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Dark slide?

Is the shutter working?
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is the lens mirror up knob set to M or N ???

Shooter
    35mm
    It turns out that the little knob-thing on the lens is important.

This is the first time I used this lens and it turns out the mirror-up was set, so the shutter never fired.

O well.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post

This is the first time I used this lens and it turns out the mirror-up was set, so the shutter never fired.

O well.
    Bettersense to learn now

Don't feel bad I loaded a hasselblad wrong once and shot one roll on the paper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Same thing happened to me in Lisbon a few weeks ago, taking portraits of someone I met on the street. (can't re-shoot this) I hope I will never forget the MLU again.

-Roman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post

O well.
    Practicing mirror up were we?

Ive done the same.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I still take double exposures with mine. Or skip a frame thinking I will take a double exposure.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Very common mistake when not familiar with the new camera. There are a few more mistakes you have to make... we look forward to hearing about em soon.

Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    35mm
    All part of the learning curve, anyone who has not done the same tells lies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin