Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,735   Online: 1020

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hassy lens info

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

hassy lens info

just purchased a hassy 500 and want to know about lens compatability....came with a 150 but want to get a 50 or 60mm lens...which one to get???
    thanx in advance,
    Peter
    website down for maintenance!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    get a 80mm C(F/B/E...) T* f2.8

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I vote for a 5oFLE. I can get you close and wide angle. I have an 80 but find the 150 & 50 suits my use better than my 80 especially when traveling. That said, I also have a 250, 350 and a 2x. It boils down to personal shooting preference and budget. The 50 will get you from .5m (1'7'')to infinity 75 degrees diagonal/ 57degrees horizontal and the 80 is 52/38 and .9m (3') to infinity. The 50 is a f4 and the 80 is a f2.8 which might make a difference for you. I rarely shoot wide open so for me it is not an issue. The three take the same size filters.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    The 60mm is supposed to be sharper and it's wide angle look is less pronounced than the 50's. For general photography I'd buy the 60mm lens for real wide angle I'd choose the 50mm. I personally prefer the 60mm to the 50mm because it's look (wide angle) draws less attention. But I don't think you can go wrong with either of those lenses.

Dominik

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I found the 60mm not wide enough if one has the 80mm or 100mm lenses.

I like the spacing of 38mm SWC [or 40mm], 50mm [or 100mm], 80mm, 150mm and 250mm lenses to cover the full range of focal lengths. I do not have the 350mm or 500mm lenses, but I have used the 2X extender with the 250mm and not found much use for it.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Much boils down to personal taste, of course - and focal length falls under that category.

If it helps any, I've found the 60mm is roughly equivalent to a 35mm lens in 135 format; the 50mm is more like a 24mm or 28mm.

Quality of either is, of course, fantastic especiall with the T* lenses.
    "Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes."

MY BLOG - www.reservedatalltimes.com
    YOU SHOULD LOOK AT THIS SITE - www.colincorneau.com
    INSTAGRAM: colincorneau

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Colin, exactly my point. A 35mm lens on at 135 camera is not wide enough to bother using.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Large Format
    buy both and eliminate the issue
    John Bowen

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I would say get the 60. The 60 and 150 is a good combo. I personally only use an 80. I have a 50 that does not see much work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The 60 is very sweet, IMO, and scary sharp. Lately I find that longer suits my vision better than shorter, so the 60 works well for me.

A couple of years ago, I was in the market to buy either, and a 60 C T* fell into my hands first, I've not regretted it.

If you're going to be up this way give me a shout, we'll arrange a try-out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin