Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,604   Online: 881

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was going to say something about the 180 being supposedly better but I've never shot one so it would be hearsay anyway.
    I LOVE my 150 "C" and can't imagine wanting much more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    GAS = Gadget Acquisition Syndrome
    Compulsive buying of camera, lenses and other photographic equipment
    That's called "Natural Selection".

It's a fundamental (perhaps even definitive) characteristic of the human species.

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't discount the pre T coated C lenses, they are in my humble opinion, just as good, especially the 150 and 250, and pricing is very good. Like Leica lenses, the Zeiss for Hasselblad lenses are of a uniform high quality, just find a clean one with a good shutter. My most used is the 150mm Sonnar, very nice, and a must have after the 80mm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I prefer the CF lenses, which are easier to use, newer, their are no parts shortages, and they are multicoated.
    The C lenses are optically the same, but have reflection and flare problems when bright light sources approach the front aperture.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The C T* ("Tee Star") lenses have the same multi-coating as their later incarnations, and are generally identical optically.

The CF 40mm FLE and 50mm FLE lenses were new designs, differing significantly from the C lenses in those focal lengths.

- Leigh
    Last edited by Leigh B; 03-25-2012 at 10:36 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    ... so how do you like the 250? I'm convincing myself I need one to better photograph my kids playing baseball. The 150 is good, but I sometimes can't get close enough to the action.
    It is a physically long lens so the rig is a bit front heavy. Combined with the heavy focusing and the dark aperture I find using it with a WLF quite difficult so I only use it with a prism. Handholding is tricky as you only get 1/500, maybe 1/250 at best. So I pretty much only use it on a tripod for landscapes. Overall, I like it, I like the focal length for landscapes but it is not an easy lens to use. If I wanted to shoot something that requires fast focusing I'd use something else though, focusing is heavy and slow.
    Hasselblad, Mamiya RB, Nikonos, Canon EOS

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I got the 250 (C version) maybe three/four years ago and just used it for the first time this past weekend (!). I have no idea how the pictures will come out -- it's true that f5.6 makes for a darkish viewfinder. Its main drawback is the long minimum focus, it seems, but I might have made that worse in the opposite direction by putting a Proxar on the front. This is all handheld, so it'll be interesting -- very high magnification, close focus and a dark finder. But I like how the lens handles; it's really not heavy for its dimensions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks very much. I think you settled my "GAS" (Gawd... how I hate that expression) and now I'll try to find one to rent or borrow first. I'd like to try it with monopod before shelling out the money. Maybe I'll continue shooting the 150 and crop... who knows?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Thanks very much. I think you settled my "GAS" (Gawd... how I hate that expression) and now I'll try to find one to rent or borrow first. I'd like to try it with monopod before shelling out the money. Maybe I'll continue shooting the 150 and crop... who knows?
    How about Hasselblad Acquisition Syndrome?
    Hasselblad, Mamiya RB, Nikonos, Canon EOS

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We all suffer from HEA fever...

Hasselblad Equipment Addiction

- Leigh

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin