Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,271   Posts: 1,534,488   Online: 1132

Shooter
    35mm

Questions about Pentax 67 accessories

Does anyone know if the Pentax magnifier loupes made for the Spotmatic cameras are compatible with the 67 finder? Want a magnifier, but don't want to pay KEH prices.

And where can I get a wood handle to mount of the right hand lugs? I want to run with a two handle setup for this camera.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I doubt they are compatible. The spotmatic uses a rectangular VF window with slots on the left/right, much like the K1000. You slide something down over the VF. The P67 has a round screw-in viewfinder window, where you unscrew it, slip the magnifier in place, and then screw it back in.

You will have to get a right-hand handle custom made, the most common maker of these sells them through the auction site.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Joooorsh View Post
    And where can I get a wood handle to mount of the right hand lugs? I want to run with a two handle setup for this camera.
    To my knowledge Pentax never made one for the right side. Unless I'm wrong about that you'd have to customize a left side handle.

Shooter
    35mm
    I can customise a left side handle but there's nowhere to attach it properly.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Joooorsh View Post
    I can customise a left side handle but there's nowhere to attach it properly.
    I would think you could build a bracket that was welded to the existing wood mount, attached via bolt to the tripod mount and added a right hand handle. But that is quite a bit of fabrication, especially ensuring it does not Interfear with the loading mechanism.

Shooter
    35mm
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum379/...05-f2-4-a.html

I think this one is sold but the ad has good pictures.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I recall seeing the Pentax wood handle for the right side..... At least, I'm quite certain of the memory. I have one of the aftermarket right hand grips (the eBay fellow) and it's quite functional and well made.
    Craig Schroeder

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Handles were made for left and right side for the Pentax 67/6x7, but obviously with right handle would present quite a challenge operating the shutter release handheld! The left handle is still very common, but adds additional weight to an already heavy camera and with handles on, there is no means by which to attach a neckstrap, such as OpTech's very good neoprene straps that magically make a heavy beast of burden a pleasure to haul.

The magnifier for the Pentax 67/6x7 is especially designed for that camera; additionally, note that if it is bumped during transit, it can break the viewfinder eyepiece bezel, and these are very scarce as spare parts. Wearing magnifying glasses (as I do) is a better choice.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a handle for my P67 but I don't find it to be all that useful. It is nice for lugging it around but I don't find it very ergonomic for hand-held shooting which is what I thought I would use it for before I bought it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    Handles were made for left and right side for the Pentax 67/6x7, but obviously with right handle would present quite a challenge operating the shutter release handheld! The left handle is still very common, but adds additional weight to an already heavy camera and with handles on, there is no means by which to attach a neckstrap, such as OpTech's very good neoprene straps that magically make a heavy beast of burden a pleasure to haul.
    I am unaware of any official right-hand grip for either model. There's not even anything for it to attach to, only one lug on the right side. Also, the grip is fully compatible with a strap, there are lugs that attach to studs on the handle just like the ones the grip mounts to. I often carry mine on the strap in vertical orientation, so the grip is close to my left hand, but you can also have it hang horizontally.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin