Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,469   Posts: 1,570,904   Online: 956

Thread: RB lenses on RZ

Shooter
    Large Format

RB lenses on RZ

So I have an RZ67 with a nice assortment of lenses a 65, 110 and 180. I'm pretty happy with them so far and have no immediate plans to get any more. Eventually I'd like to get a 50, 140 macro and maybe a 250.

I know Rb lenses are compatible with the RZ, so I'm wondering if there are any magic lenses from the RB series that I should be looking at either because they are not made for the RZ, or are really, really good.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    "Magic lenses"?

AFAIK, the RZ lenses are as good or better. I've heard people wax poetic about the RZ 127mm lens, but that is not responsive to your "So . . Magic lens" query. My answer would be, none.

Escaped Bakersfield, CA. Now in Indianapolis.
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    There are really no special lenses for the RB. Except perhaps the Fisheye. That'd be closest. I don't own an RZ, so I don't know if there's a Fisheye for it, but I'd imagine there probably is.

I personally think the RB lenses look nicer cosmetically, but I think the same thing about the camera body and backs. That's just personal preference though.

Don't worry about tracking down any particular lenses for the RB. They're good, but no better than yours. A lot of people just like to think that what they have is the best, to toot their own horn. Try to control your GAS and enjoy the lenses you have.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I don't know if it qualifies as "magic," but the 150mm soft-focus portrait lens was only made in the RB "C" version, as far as I know.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    To me, "magic" = great and/or characteristically special performance for a great price. In that spirit, the "magic" RB lenses are the 65 KL, 127 KL, 150SF, and the 210 KL. The KLs are very sharp, have very good neutrality, low distortion, etc. The SF is very sweet if soft/bokeh control is your thing. The RB fisheye is also quite good, actually.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Escaped Bakersfield, CA. Now in Indianapolis.
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    To me, "magic" = great and/or characteristically special performance for a great price. In that spirit, the "magic" RB lenses are the 65 KL, 127 KL, 150SF, and the 210 KL. The KLs are very sharp, have very good neutrality, low distortion, etc. The SF is very sweet if soft/bokeh control is your thing. The RB fisheye is also quite good, actually.
    In that spirit, every RB/RZ lens is magic!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin