Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,482,982   Online: 814

Shooter
    35mm

Chicago area repair shops

Can anyone recommend a Chicago area repair shop that is honest and reputable. I have a Mamiya C33 with a film advance issue beyond my scope. Bought it on ebay, supposedly mint. Live and learn as they say...
    I am slightly paranoid of sending it to just anyone as it is unlikely that most techs are familiar with a 40something camera. I would greatly appreciate any input you great people can provide. Many thanks in advance. Terry

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Repair

You could send it out to Essex Camera Repair in N.J. These guys are Japanese and do good work tha they warranty. They did the shutter on my Ricoh. 201-933-7272
    Goodluck Peter

Shooter
    35mm
    http://www.pjcamera.com/

This is a great store 20 minutes west of downtown Chicago . . .

Don't know how much stuff they do on fixing cameras, but it may be worth checking out. Good luck.

Huram

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Hi,
    Precision Camera Works in Niles:

(847) 430-8088

http://precisioncameraworks.com/index.html

Shooter
    Large Format
    Midstate Camera
    407 S Dearborn
    Suite 300

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Lee Camera....Miner Street in Des Plaines right across from the train station. He is a Korean gentleman that has fixed many things for me. He doesn't speak great english but is fast and reasonable. In fact 99% of the time he looks at it and says "50 dollar." I saw a camera dealer in there that handed him 4 Leicas once and told me he is the only guy he uses. PLus he has a huge collection of the coolest old cameras you'd ever want to see.
    "EVERY film and paper is good .......... for something"
    Phil Davis

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you're willing to ship...I'd have to highly recommend CSI Camera in St. Louis. I was there in St. Louis for about a month. Ran into a problem with my Pentax 6x7. Made a few phone calls...the man I spoke with was wonderful! Brought my camera in...took care of it immediately and sent me on my way. I know I'll be using them when needed in the future. Just thought I'd pass it on

CSI Camera Repair in St. Louis, MO

Oh...ask for Mike.
    Last edited by Dorothy Blum Cooper; 11-18-2004 at 05:38 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    TC camera repair in Lisle. He does repairs on site & staands behind his work. Tel #630-960-4020.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    A second yes for Tony at TC Camera Repair in downtown Lisle. Just a short distance from the Metra station. I bought an Olympus rangefinder from him a few years ago. The lens started to work itself loose from the body. He sent it out to be repaired. He stands behind his warranty. Some work he farms out. There are many retired camera repair people working secretly these days.
    Mark Schumann

"I'm a Adnams man"

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin