Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,524,006   Online: 867

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    127 Format
    Good point. There are several different ones even for the M645. I have two of the metered prisms and they show no signs of foam degradation.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes they have separation problems too. The problem I'm talking about is from foam degradation under the hold down clamp. It shows up as a rectangle in the viewing area. I'm not sure if the newer prisms have that problem or not.
    That's the main problem. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of information around.
    Here is an example of the problem.

http://www.pbase.com/pganzel/image/71821169

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you for the picture. Clearly a problem there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I finally got a response from the guy that was repairing the prism in the above link. He said when he got the silvering cleaned off he cut a front surface mirror and just taped it on.
    I wonder how that compared optically to the original. I suppose that doesn't matter all that much because it doesn't show up in your final image. Unless it impedes your ability to focus in the first place.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin