Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,943   Posts: 1,557,705   Online: 1227

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by S.larsson View Post
    @ Agfarapid, I know what a C330 is but what's an RB/RZ? Cheers
    As stated in subsequent posts, the Mamiya range of 6x7 cameras are great cameras, differentiated by manual, no battery req'd (RB 67) and the newer RZ 67 which has an electric shutter requiring a battery. For what it's worth, I currently own and use a Hasselblad 500C as well as the Mamiya RB 67, the C330 and the Mamiya 645 Super (a 6x4.5 format having interchangeable lenses, hoods and backs). I love and use them all and would be hard put to say "this is the best or worst". Each one of these have their advocates and all are superb instruments. You have to decide which one suits your particular style and pocket book.

Good Luck!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry to disagree with Dan, but I don't think 6x7cm is the "ideal" format.

I like 6x6 because you don't have to rotate it; it is what it is.

If you're shooting MF chromes, you won't find slide mounts or a projector for 6x7, but they're readily available for 6x6.

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Recommendations.
    After years of experience with hassy i use now a 60mm, 120 macro and 250. All CF lenses. (double the size)
    Buying a 60 and a 80 has no great benefit. It only makes youre backpack heavier. I find the 80 to narrow. (50mm at 35mm camera format)
    The 60mm hassy is about 40mm in 35mm format, that is how we see the world.
    I use my set for macro work, nature and occasionly portraits. And of course i take it with me on holidays.

For the 1/500. I never used it..
    I use fuji 100 film and tmax 400.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    When i was in kopenhagen, i wanted to make a picture of the mermaid, but it was so crowded with japanese people that i put my hassy upside down above my head to get rid of the crowd...

What i want to say is that there are a lot of tools that can be put onto the body to use it in a different way. No electronics involved, so no real problems that can not be solved in the future.
    Expensive? I don't thing to. It was expensive, until the digital age came up. Without this i probably could not have bought a hassy...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One factor that _might_ influence your choice of C vs. CF lenses is the filter size.

The C-series lenses standardized on the B50 (Bay-50 or bayonet 50) attachment, which as one might suspect is a 50mm bayonet.

The later CF (and subsequent) lenses standardized on a B60 60mm bayonet.

If you use filters you can standardize on B60 for the CF lenses, and use them on the earlier C lenses with a B50/B60 adapter (the lens hoods won't fit), or
    you can get all B50 filters and use them only on the C-series lenses.

There are a couple of lenses in each series that use larger filter sizes, notably the short FL wide-angle ones.

- Leigh
    Last edited by Leigh B; 04-01-2012 at 03:22 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Firstly, Thank you everyone for your comments! I must say, after looking a bit at the Mamiyas I'm not too impressed, as said they're heavier but they also appear to be rather complicated in their design, rather unergonomic. I prefer the simplicity of the hassy's, but at the same time the Rollei's look interesting (6003 & 6008). I'm definitely going to have to have a little play with them. Not sure if I can find any dealers in town though, Gothenburg is obviously more of a Hasselblad City...

Also I found the comment about the contrast levels in the Mamiyas compared to the Hasselblad lenses rather interesting. I have heard of different optics manufacturers performing differently before, but does anyone know why this is the case?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Leigh B View Post
    Sorry to disagree with Dan, but I don't think 6x7cm is the "ideal" format.

I like 6x6 because you don't have to rotate it; it is what it is.

If you're shooting MF chromes, you won't find slide mounts or a projector for 6x7, but they're readily available for 6x6.

- Leigh

Since I was just talking about this with a photog friend of mine. Is it possible to add crop lines to the WLF of an RZ67, so that when you compose in camera you're looking at a square?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you are considering a Hasselblad, you should also have a look at the Bronica SQ. Very similar systems, but Hasselblad cost a lot more. I'm using an older Bronica S2A. Great camera with great lenses!

Trond

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Haha, It's funny everybody is trying to get me away from Hasselblad! Am I being warned away from a trap?
    Last edited by S.larsson; 04-01-2012 at 12:34 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by S.larsson View Post
    Haha, It's funny everybody is trying to get me away from Hasselblad! I'm I being warned away from a trap?
    We are just showing you how practical we are in hindsight. Most of us have Hassys and are wondering why we did it.

The truth is Hasselblad has always had their lenses made by Bronica, not Zeiss, as so many of us have been led to believe. I discussed this very fact with David Odess, the famous Hassy tech, and
    reluctantly he confirmed what I have told you.

All the Hasselblad lenses are old stock manufactured in the 70's from the Bronica factory.

Buy a Bronica.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin