Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,851   Posts: 1,582,856   Online: 838

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bought my Hasselblad 501CM with a 80mm CB lens, privately. It will need to go for a CLA some day, but I figured that into the price of the Camera when I bought it.
    Since I don't use my cameras professionally this service could be all I will ever need.

If Mr. Odess will ever forgive me for using his name in a bald faced lie, I will send it to him. He did a overhaul on my SWC and it has never been better.
    I have seen cameras on his site for sale and if I were to look for a 500CM I think I might check him out first.

I'd go for a CF lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by S.larsson View Post
    Haha, It's funny everybody is trying to get me away from Hasselblad! Am I being warned away from a trap?
    I am not. When I was working as a wedding photographer 30+ years ago before finishing college, I used Mamiya TLRs (C3, C220 and C330's) and my boss used a RB67. I told him I wanted to buy a Hasselblad but could not afford one so I had settled on the RB67. He said before I do, try one of his and shoot a wedding or two. One wedding was enough. I returned to the C330 and never looked back until last year when I could finally afford a Hasselblad, well after I left the photo industry and moved to engineering, then retiring. Go for what you want, but I think you will be happier with a Hasselblad.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Paul,

Falsely attributing a blatantly incorrect statement to a known authority is NOT a joke. It's an insult, and quite likely slander.

You need to grow up.

You realize everything here is archived and available to anybody who wants to search for it in the future?
    How many people bother to read dates on posts when reading search results? I certainly don't.

I asked David to read my reply above, and here's his response:
    "Leigh,

Thanks again. It may have been an April Fools joke, but there are some idiots out there who might believe it!

Regards,
    David Odess
    =========="

He didn't think it was a joke either.

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ...and I always thought april fools jokes were false statements that took a bit of extra thought to realize they sounded preposterous. Maybe its just a european phenomenon...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by S.larsson View Post
    ...but it appears that all the lenses apart from the 80mm are slower than f/2.8! What impact does this have?

It doesn't impact anything, unless you're regularly shooting in low light situations such as weddings in church etc. I would suspect you wouldn't shoot landscapes lower than f8 anyway.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think you might like to investigate "Acute Matte" focus screens, for your Hassy as well. They are a rather expensive addition but I think they really are worth it.
    Just a thought.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hasselblad lenses are "slow", just like all leaf-shutter lenses. You generally get f/2.8 on the standard lens and then it is f/4-5.6 on everything else. If you want faster lenses get a focal plane body. But...the lenses are "fast" enough for DOF control. You don't want faster than f/2.8 unless you can really focus very very finely. As for darker conditions, yes it is limiting just like anything else. Add the fact that an SLR (vs your TLR) will need faster speeds and you are "worse-off" compared to a 35mm SLR or a TLR or whatever. But you don't buy a Hasselblad/RB/RZ for hand-held night shots.

1/500? Well it can be limiting in bright daylight if you have 400 or faster film and you want wide open shooting. On the other hand most negative 400 films can be shot as 200 or 100 without issues.

I love my Hasselblad. It is expensive, pretty, fantastic to hold and the contrast and colour rendering is wonderful. Would I be happier with a RZ67? Don't know, I'd probably be happy with anything. I was happy with a Bronica SQ. It is just that the Hasselblad makes the whole experience nicer.

Another thing, I really don't know why people compare the RZ/RB vs the Hasselblad. You either want 6x7 or 6x6. If you want 6x7 get the Mamiya. If you want 6x6 get the Hassy/Bronica. Yes, if you have 6x7 you can crop to 6x6 and still have the original 6x7 to play with but then again I never wanted 6x7 to begin with.

Which 80? As with anything camera related, the most expensive one you can afford. Go for newest/best condition till you can't afford it. Otherwise you'll forever agonize whether you should get a "better" one. I have a 80CB. It is great. I also have a 50CT, 150CF and 250CT. They are all great. If one day I can afford to upgrade the 250 to a CFi I will. But I love the finish of the 50. Whatever that metal they made the old CTs from is is fantastic to hold. The 250CT is like that but the ergonomics are a bit lacking due to the size.

Basically, get a newish-body then get the lenses, send it all for a service and use them. They are mechnical cameras. They can be fixed and work like new.
    Have/had Mamiya RB, Rollei 6003, Hasselblad, Nikonos, Canon EOS, Leica R, Fuji Instax...and some other stuff

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin